Random Chit Chat

Don't the hotels have a weight room? Can't you use that, even if you just walk on the treadmill for 30-60 minutes.

I love mine. I use it all the time. It's so handy.

Very and was a good bargain too for only $7.49 with free post off eBay, I transferred 29.1GB of photos from one drive and have wiped others, I need an IDE controller because when I plugged one in windows told me I needed it.

Went to the doctor yesterday. They took blood and asked a lot of questions. My family history is dotted with diabetics and heart problems. He said my glucose was high enough to be considered high borderline. And my blood pressure is high. He did comment the stress of my job and lack of exercise is probably where that's coming from.
For now he wants me to stop with the junk foods and get more active. No more beef and pork, turkey and chicken instead. More fruits and veggies. No bread except wheat bread. I love wheat bread so no problem there. And exercise a couple times a week.
When I could get outside and fly my models I would come back in feeling great. During the winter months here the wind is almost constant and too strong to get a small model in the air. So here I sit at my desk, body turning to crap, having to lay out a battle plan to see what I can do to get back in shape.
So that's where it stands.
Well there you are...you now know where you stand....Wake up call.
Cut the sugar & salts out, eat healthy proportions and do a bit of walking each day..not a hard thing to do, otherwise you know what will await you.
I went from 97 Kilograms down to 68 kilograms just by doing this and never looked back.
Consult a dietitian & physiotherapists for guidance.

The ball is in your court.

Went to the doctor yesterday. They took blood and asked a lot of questions. My family history is dotted with diabetics and heart problems. He said my glucose was high enough to be considered high borderline. And my blood pressure is high. He did comment the stress of my job and lack of exercise is probably where that's coming from.
For now he wants me to stop with the junk foods and get more active. No more beef and pork, turkey and chicken instead. More fruits and veggies. No bread except wheat bread. I love wheat bread so no problem there. And exercise a couple times a week.
When I could get outside and fly my models I would come back in feeling great. During the winter months here the wind is almost constant and too strong to get a small model in the air. So here I sit at my desk, body turning to crap, having to lay out a battle plan to see what I can do to get back in shape.
So that's where it stands.

My advice:

- Take up a (sport) hobby. I really enjoy swimming and badminton, and purely go for the enjoyment rather than keeping healthy per se, that's just a nice side effect. Plus, it's rather good to feel yourself improve quickly over time (which you will when you start out with near any sport as you master the basics.)

- Fly quadcopters if you don't already ;) I've heard they're comparatively simple to build, and cope well in strong winds!

Thanks for all your support. Time for some serious life style changes.
The hotel is an economy type. No weight room or pool. But it does sit on a large piece of land.
I got dragged to Wally World last night to go shopping with one of my staff. All the garbage I normally eat is high in starch and sodium. Doc said that's a no no from now on. So I started looking past the pic on the box and started reading the label. Low or no sodium and low to moderate starch. Found a lot of good eats that fit the bill. Snarfed up enough for a week.
I also got some salad and cole slaw fixings with a big jar of Miracle Whip. Frozen berries and fruit plates got added. No whipped cream till I find some low or sugar free.
And the trusty ol banana. A couple of bunches of those. I understand moodiness can be helped with the potassium they have lots of.
Doc told me the starch I was taking in because I'm not really active is being turned in to sugar and being stored in my middle aged spread as fat. Well that's over. They weighed me in at 210 pounds. I'm medium height and that's what's being so rough on my back and legs.
Eat right, and get out and walk. Well get out and fly my quads again. I put them on hold when it started getting cold.
Think I should scope out a good vitamin?

Back
Top Bottom