Random Chit Chat

This is probably the wrong thread but... Here is my issue. I just got this camera:
24nfj7o.jpg

When I look through this:
24lpqup.jpg

I get this:
4ifnlg.jpg

As you can see,there is a little circle, which is clearer then everything else around it. same with my other lens. now this is a camera that take film rolls, and is not a digital. is it normal, and how do I use it?? It seems as if the little circle in the middle is some way of telling manual focus. But why is everything around it a little fuzzy. Even if I get a very visible picture, there is the fuzziness, and will that be displayed on the print? btw, the camera is a carena cx-500 Thanks for helping!

That circle is a focusing aid. The outer circle is microprisms, and the inner one appears to be a split image. Point the center at a sharp edge then turn the focus ring until the top and bottom line up. The microprisms on the outside do a thing where you can see either edge of the blurred image, so when they come together it's in focus. Hard to explain, but i think you can figure it out from that. Also that kens you have is not what you want at all. Zooms back in that era were complete garbage, and that focal length wont be good for everyday use. Get a 40 or 50mm lens with a wide aperture. F1.8 or so is typical for old manual focus lenses.

Honestly I'd just stick that on a shelf and buy a pentax k1000 and 50mm f1.7. What you have is a house brand camera for some store ive never even heard of, it appears to be in horrible condition, and I doubt you'll be able to find documentation to learn how to use it. If you must keep it, youre going to have to figure out what lens mount it has, whether the meter works/is accurate, and whether the shutter speeds are correct.

Edit: here is how the focusing screen works. http://dougkerr.net/pumpkin/articles/Split_Prism.pdf

Last edited:
I happen to have a K1000 sitting on my shelf that I have never really used. Along with a couple lenses, flash, filters, and some other devices.

Its fun looking at old HDDs (so many things you forgot you had :D)

Yes it is, When I got my acer desktop I was going through all the files transferring them to a hdd and deleting when I came across some dirty and down right disgusting pictures which I think most people would know what I am talking about.

i still have an old 110 film camera, still works to, just finding 110 film is hard.

Wow, 110. That's a crazy format. I have some really old cameras that take some weird medium format films. 620, 127, 130, etc. You can usually get 120 or 70mm into them with some creativity. It's pretty neat being able to take pictures with a 100+ year old camera.

Back
Top Bottom