Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #16711
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team
 
iPwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,673
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Explorer View Post
Here's someone I can give two thumbs up to, the first for taking an interest in this and the
second for, and correct me if I'm wrong, not growing up in this country.
Well cele, looks like you only get one thumbs up.
__________________

__________________
Humans are the only creatures that won't live up to the their potential. Give everything your all. When you die, die on E.

So I ask you, what do you intend to do now?
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #16712
Site Team
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
That's because they are located at the center of the population mass when the state's were formed.
Except for Michigan. The capital is not Detroit because it was too close to Canada.

Actually, a city up here in the UP, around 550 miles from Detroit, was in the running for Capital of Michigan. Calumet, Michigan, in the late 1800s was a huge mining town and one of the bigger cities in Michigan.
Some say, that this is the only possible place that the Vikings could have gotten copper from. Interesting...
__________________

__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:35 AM   #16713
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,676
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
Well cele, looks like you only get one thumbs up.
Well A for effort? Lol. Just an FYI Tech, I was born and raise in Wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
Except for Michigan. The capital is not Detroit because it was too close to Canada.

Actually, a city up here in the UP, around 550 miles from Detroit, was in the running for Capital of Michigan. Calumet, Michigan, in the late 1800s was a huge mining town and one of the bigger cities in Michigan.
Some say, that this is the only possible place that the Vikings could have gotten copper from. Interesting...
Ha well there are always exceptions to the rule. Although that one is pretty cool.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #16714
meh.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 9,629
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Are there any members here from Chicago? I was just talking to a friend there and he said all their TV and radio stations suddenly blacked out and there's military helicopters all over. I can't find anything on the internet though.

EDIT: Apparently some sort of elaborate military exercise. How bizarre.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:45 AM   #16715
Golden Master
 
sniperviper21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 5,438
Default Re: Random Chit Chat



Tank Update?
Real Plants.
__________________
You got to have a Fiddle in the band!
sniperviper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:46 PM   #16716
meh.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 9,629
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Awesome. Do your cichlids not eat/tear up the plants? I've never been able to keep live ones for more than a month or so before they all get destroyed.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #16717
In Runtime
 
ComputerGirl90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Trenton, NJ
Posts: 102
Send a message via Skype™ to ComputerGirl90
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Hello all!!! Sorry I haven't been on much. I had to deal with Hurricane Sandy and I currently have no roof. Yesterday we had a nor-easter snow storm come ashore and my bathroom suffered more damage. No body is working with my family and I. It is a pain. Anyway school has been tough but I am handling it every day. Just wanted to stop by and say hi!!

Nikki
ComputerGirl90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #16718
Site Team
 
berry120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: England, UK
Posts: 3,422
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComputerGirl90 View Post
Hello all!!! Sorry I haven't been on much. I had to deal with Hurricane Sandy and I currently have no roof. Yesterday we had a nor-easter snow storm come ashore and my bathroom suffered more damage. No body is working with my family and I. It is a pain. Anyway school has been tough but I am handling it every day. Just wanted to stop by and say hi!!

Nikki
Sorry to hear you've been affected by it Nikki - sounds like a horrible situation, but you seem to be keeping your chin up and making the best of it, I'm not sure I'd cope as well! Thoughts go to you and your family, I hope you manage to get things rectified ASAP.
__________________
Save the whales, feed the hungry, free the mallocs.
berry120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #16719
Site Team
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
Are there any members here from Chicago? I was just talking to a friend there and he said all their TV and radio stations suddenly blacked out and there's military helicopters all over. I can't find anything on the internet though.

EDIT: Apparently some sort of elaborate military exercise. How bizarre.
I'm from Chicago. I didn't hear anything about that. Maybe it was only in the city?
__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #16720
Fully Optimized
 
mikee286's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,127
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

The front panel audio connector on my new computer built in july is already broken or close to it. I now have to insert the headphones and push down slightly and wiggle it around to get a proper connection or it sounds like its in a huge tunnel. I guess that's what I get for cheaping out on a case.


Is there any way to replace the audio port on the front of the case? I really find having this convenient because I alternate between headphones and speakers
__________________

__________________
AMD Phenom II x6 1045T @ 2.7 Ghz, 8Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram, crucial M500 240GB SSD, 500GB WD
1.5 TB Seagate, XFX Radeon 6670 1Gb GDDR5, Windows 7 Professional 64bit
mikee286 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0