Random Chit Chat

Wow old Core 2 Duo processors are touch I'm fixing up my old rig with some old parts and I had it fired up for about 6 hours and it turns out a bunch of wire from the crappy psu i have in it got stuck in the heat sink and stopped the fan for that whole time and it shot up to 80 c but remained totally stable I didn't realize until I looked at speedfan

80C is nothing for a core 2 duo. Those things ran hot as hell. Back when apple used them in their laptops, I saw a couple videos of people cooking eggs on the bottom of their macbooks.

Does anyone know of a way to mask the IMEI on android? I'm going to cancel my data plan at the end of this month and would like to be able to keep using the streak. $25 is just too much for a service I don't really need right now.

I eat at places that have good food, not places that share my beliefs. You are more likely to get a racist, anti-gay, pro-abortion, nazi waiter/waitress/chef at a different restaurant. So if you eat at places that only share your beliefs, you probably shouldn't go out to eat.

Really, we have far more important things in the world to worry about than an anti-gay chicken joint. Since when is tolerance a one way street?

^ That was kind of my take on the situation. I'm not supporting a place because of their beliefs; Just their food. That said, you are supporting them in carrying on their agenda as a by-product of that.

I really don't care enough either way. It doesn't affect my day-to-day operations and I doubt it will anytime soon. To each their own, though...If you don't want to eat there or any other place that is pro/anti [x] - Be my guest.

I eat at places that have good food, not places that share my beliefs. You are more likely to get a racist, anti-gay, pro-abortion, nazi waiter/waitress/chef at a different restaurant. So if you eat at places that only share your beliefs, you probably shouldn't go out to eat.

It's not about their beliefs. I couldn't care less what people at the restaurant think. The company as a whole is using its profits to further an agenda I don't agree with, so I don't want to give them more profit. Seems pretty simple to me, but nobody seems to understand this, even after i've repeated it several times.

Since when is tolerance a one way street?

They're working to impede the rights of other people. Why should this be tolerated?

Look, I'm not asking everyone else to stop eating there. I don't agree with some of their practices, so I don't. I don't get why this has to be a huge discussion. If you still want to eat there, fine, that's your right. Just don't tell me I'm intolerant or discriminatory for choosing not to.

Last edited:
Sorry foothead, that wasn't targeted at you. And I haven't heard anything about them supporting antigay groups with their profits.

This is America, we vote with our wallets.

You can look up who they donated to here. I'm not sure if you've heard of any of these organization, but some of them are really quite terrible. This is what people are boycotting over, not some statement the founder made.

Well looks like computer repair companies are still crooked these days. My dad took his acer in to staples to get fixed under warranty a week ago and we went into staples to see if it was done. It wasn't but the guy gave us an outline of what has been done. Since it was the on board ethernet jack that died they thought they'd be clever and list it as replacing 2 broken parts the ethernet card and motherboard. Since the ethernet card is onboard technically the only part to be replaced is the mobo.

Lucky this is all covered by warranty because it looks like the company in charge of repairs for staples is trying to rip us off by listing 2 parts in the repair that otherwise we would have to pay for

They're doing that because it's warranty work. The more things they list wrong, the more "Shop time" the technician is paid. Same applies to automotive work. More things they list wrong, the bigger a check the parent company (Acer in your case) cuts them (the Staples) and the more shop time the tech can log.

Back
Top Bottom