Random Chit Chat

I'd like drag racing, but I honestly don't see what skill it takes. On a track you gotta know the limits of your car to be able to get around it fast without a crash.

Which reminds me what I've been trying to figure out: The accelerator directly controls the engine RPM's, right, not the speed? In both an auto and stick? I'm too much or a nerd and call it the throttle...

Nah, the throttle body, its a butterfly valve right before the upper intake.

Drag racing is not really the skill on the track, more the skill in the garage to create an incredibly powerful engine, and unique combos. Like a 1000hp diesel ranger, no one has ever seen one of those... someone on RPS is building one.

The only form of drag racing I really like is Top Fuel. That shit is insane...so much power.

Drifting is a sport I'm starting to become interested in. It's the only form of motorsports where it's actually not about the time, but how well you can control your car while appearing out of control.

I still and will always love grip racing though. :) F1 FTW.

I'd love to get into drifting, but I can barely afford another car, let alone all the tires you'd go through. :p

Long Jump: I scratch 2 out of 3, so I only get 1 jump. On my 1 jump my ass drags the sand so my measurement gets marked back to my ass. I jumped 17FT in that mark.

200M: I start out in lane 3, so in 5th. I run up to 3rd. The guy 2 lanes on my right passes me and I'm fighting him for the 3rd position now. The guy on my left is catching up and its the last 20m. I try to stretch out my strides since I'm not very tall so I can catch up to 3rd. I stumble and I get 5th.

Triple Jump: I just suck at this event and my coach won't let me drop it. I actually jumped my career best today. 34FT 5IN.

edit: My 200M time was 25.5.

Back
Top Bottom