Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #16221
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to VINMAN46
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
I'd say $30. Nintendo 64s are still quite common.

On 240Hz 3D TVs, is the 3D 240Hz, or still 120? 120Hz per eye would make it actually usuable.

EDIT: Why is Windows 7 media center locked to 16:9, even if the source video is 4:3?

EDIT2: nevermind. Hold control while resizing the window and it will snap to 4:3.
What if I throw my games in?

Games

Daikatana
South Park
NBA Jam 99
GoldenEye 007
Perfect dark

thanks for your help also

VINMAN46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #16222
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee286 View Post
won't even install in virtual machine
If you're using VMWare, choose the option to install the OS later. Then after you do the initial setup of the VM, go into the settings and change the CD to the iso. Now start the VM and try that way.

Edit: The VMWare "Automated Install" or whatever it's called doesn't work w/Windows 8 in my experience.

So I ask you, what do you intend to do now?
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 11:25 PM   #16223
meh.

I got a BSOD as well. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait for the RC. In the meantime, can someone confirm that it still has media center? I heard some rumors a while back that Microsoft was considering dropping it because it didn't quite catch on.

EDIT: Nevermind. It'll be in the release version. http://www.windows8news.com/2011/09/...-media-center/
Old 09-15-2011, 02:36 AM   #16224
Golden Master

Sooo guys what do you recommend to clean the outside of cases to remove lint, dust, and finger prints, like on Steel case with plastic trim...

Paper Towels leave behind paper lint crap : /
Old 09-15-2011, 02:44 AM   #16225
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team

I use Pledge MultiSurface with paper towels to get the streak free effect, then a regular cloth rag to remove the paper towel lint crap

Old 09-15-2011, 03:20 AM   #16226
meh.

I usually use diluted alcohol with a cotton ball. Windex may be safer if you don't have anything really resistant on it.

Also, I seem to have gotten film developer on another pair of shoes. :/

Old 09-15-2011, 04:24 AM   #16227
Golden Master

AnandTech - Look Out Bulldozer, Here Comes Trinity: AMD's 2012 Demo on Video at IDF

looks cool to me
Old 09-15-2011, 09:53 AM   #16228
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
If you're using VMWare, choose the option to install the OS later. Then after you do the initial setup of the VM, go into the settings and change the CD to the iso. Now start the VM and try that way.

Edit: The VMWare "Automated Install" or whatever it's called doesn't work w/Windows 8 in my experience.

didn't work either I just got to the developer preview screen then got the blue frowny face of death

I'm using vmware player. I have also tried virtualbox but that gets to the same place as the vmware player install and cryptic characters scroll down the screen
Old 09-15-2011, 09:59 AM   #16229
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team

Have you tried Microsoft's Virtual PC solution? You would think that a Microsoft OS would work in a Microsoft Virtualization solution. Haven't tried it personally though.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:25 PM   #16230
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

What's the best way to fix a bad sector? I used the ESTool (by Samsung) to do a low level format on my hdd (before installing the OS), then I used the chkdsk with Windows 7 (after installing the OS). The low level format found no errors, whereas chkdsk found a couple of bad sectors. My system hangs once in awhile, so I am thinking chkdsk didn't "mask" the bad sectors. I know they can't be truly fixed as they are physical damages by the way.

Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote