Random Chit Chat

I still can't figure out how to make nice cities in SimCity 4...
I'm also debating if I should use my Vendetta 2 on my new setup. Though it will block out two RAM slots.

Its all in the street layout. 5x5 blocks with streets and a road instead of every third street. add avenues as needed. subway/bus stop every other block, so you have either a subway or bus station on every block
1 city full of nothing but dirty industry, with the neighboring city being nothing but residential and commercial, and hitech industry once its time (you need to switch back and forth between the cities so each one gets growth, and the demands for each zone feed of each other, so if you residential city has a high demand for industry, so will the industry city). That's all I can think of off the top of my head, there's gotta be loads more.

Does 5x5 work better than 4x4?

I tried the industry as a neighboring city, and its working out pretty well. Except I can never go high tech. I guess I need to play around more.

I like 5x5 because its usually the biggest you can go without getting "no car" zots. For High Tech, play with the taxes in the residential city so there's no demand for dirty of manufacturing then lots for HT. You also need a good education for your people . Also need water and rich people and parks help.

I made some cheese soup and I almost puked two hours after eating it. Not recommend.. Makes you sick.

man I've been using ubuntu 9.10 on this old rig for a long time maybe finally time for an upgrade

I'd avoid 11.04 for the time being.

I tried it, but ended up going back to 10.04.

I upgraded to 11.04 not too long ago. Personally don't care for the UI, going to go back to 10.04 when I stop being lazy.

You guys know that you can change the desktop environment to 10.10's by logging out, clicking your username, and then selecting "Ubuntu Classic" from the drop down menu on the bottom of the screen? Easy.

You guys know that you can change the desktop environment to 10.10's by logging out, clicking your username, and then selecting "Ubuntu Classic" from the drop down menu on the bottom of the screen? Easy.

Yes, I know. It doesn't change the fact that Ubuntu One drags the whole system down, and without Unity, why use 11.04 at all?

As it stands, Libre Office will not open my OOo database, I am using Banshee just fine in 10.04, and I can have my fancy graphics crap in 10.04 Gnome2 without breaking things.

When Unity matures, then I will go there again. Otherwise, I might try a different flavor--I'm not a fan of KDE, but xubuntu looks pretty, and lubuntu looks just like Win2k (though that might trip me up on occasion...).

I'm on mint right now I have given up on ubuntu for a while. I think it still uses elements of the unity interface without actual unity though which still makes it a bit slow on my old 9 year old rig that I have to use until I get the parts to fix my main rig

I've applied for a temporary job as an "IT Support Officer" over the summer, from two weeks time until mid/end of september. Wish me luck - I should find out by friday!

I'm getting burned out wrestling with computers... I just want my laptop to work, is that too much to ask?
argh.gif

Back
Top Bottom