Random Chit Chat

Dammit. Lost all of my bookmarks. For five years I've built up that collection.

Well, at least I can be certain all my existing bookmarks are valid. :rolleyes:

^sucks
Got Portal 2 running on my system. For some reason that darn bot had to wake up GlaDOS :( Now I have to deal with more insanity lolz.

Wow I am running out of space for no reason on my hard drive. The computer I am on hasn't been used in the month I was gone and today it said I have 6gb free of 111GB but later it said 4 gb and now it says 700MB free and I'm not downloading anything. Weird... But anyway I'm back in iowa now. Also This whole M$ buying skype spells doom for linux users. Bummer I loved to skype on my ubuntu laptop but guess it will be game over for that.

This whole M$ buying skype spells doom for linux users. Bummer I loved to skype on my ubuntu laptop but guess it will be game over for that.

Not necessarily. MS is not averse to open-source, they just want to be able to make money from it. If they think they can gain revenue with the current Skype model, then they will not change it.

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this problem, I have this HP Pavilion Elite desktop that my girlfriend gave me. She used it for a month for WOW and watching tv on. She bought it brand new, but never had PC speakers hooked up. It was hooked up to a plasma tv. The HDMI output works for sound but the standard headphone jack is not working. I have tried 3 different type of computer speakers all top of the line. Bose, Klipsh, and Altec Lansing. None worked, it says the device is working properly but it says the speakers are not hooked up. I have also tried the headphone jack. It does not work either. I have updated the drivers, the computer because it set for almost 6 months. it has the six headphone jacks on the back for the surround sound, and i called HP they said the green output is for the speakers but it still is not picking up the speakers nor the sound is working in any other jack. What can i do to fix this

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew how to fix this problem, I have this HP Pavilion Elite desktop that my girlfriend gave me. She used it for a month for WOW and watching tv on. She bought it brand new, but never had PC speakers hooked up. It was hooked up to a plasma tv. The HDMI output works for sound but the standard headphone jack is not working. I have tried 3 different type of computer speakers all top of the line. Bose, Klipsh, and Altec Lansing. None worked, it says the device is working properly but it says the speakers are not hooked up. I have also tried the headphone jack. It does not work either. I have updated the drivers, the computer because it set for almost 6 months. it has the six headphone jacks on the back for the surround sound, and i called HP they said the green output is for the speakers but it still is not picking up the speakers nor the sound is working in any other jack. What can i do to fix this

In the future, please post a new thread in the appropriate section for help with a problem, the RCC thread is for just that, random chit chat.

I'm assuming that she's running Windows 7 on this machine. In that case, go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > and then Sound and set the Speakers to the default device and that should fix the issue.

Sorry, I didn't know, and i already done that it does not work. it is running windows 7 tho. I guess i will never figure it out thanks tho

No worries for posting in the wrong place, it happens ;)

Go to speakers and select Properties, and then on the bottom there should be "Device Usage" and you should be able to select "Use this Device" from the dropdown.

no it says Change settings, pull that up and it says this device is working properly. But That is under General, under driver it only has a place to click on driver details, the others are just faded out, and it just say realtek under the details. I never have had a computer give me this much trouble out of a audio problem. Its this Realtek High def audio, But thanks alot for the help, you have helped more than the dumb people at HP has.

I mean go to Speakers under Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound. That should have the dropdown I referenced above.

Back
Top Bottom