Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-10-2011, 06:40 AM   #15511
Golden Master
 
sniperviper21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 5,438
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Anyone know much about Westinghouse LCD TVs?
__________________

__________________
You got to have a Fiddle in the band!
sniperviper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #15512
Bogan
 
Neodude112320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Ar! My nose and head are giving me that "weird" feeling and my glands are swollen. I'm going to have a cold/flu/Glandula fever attack in a couple of days and i cannot afford to be sick off work. WHAT DO?
__________________

__________________
Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #15513
Golden Master
 
sniperviper21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 5,438
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

What Medicine to Take at the First Sign of a Cold? | eHow.com

how that helps.

though i wouldnt know.... i rarely if at all get sick, maybe once ever few years.
__________________
You got to have a Fiddle in the band!
sniperviper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:04 PM   #15514
Site Team
 
superman22x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,903
Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

I always take nyquil before going to bed when I feel real sick. Usually works fairly well.
__________________
“Adults are just obsolete children and the hell with them.” - Dr. Suess
superman22x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 12:44 PM   #15515
j03
~~~~~~~~
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 5,556
Send a message via MSN to j03
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

You could try mixing Boiling Water with Menthol Crystals and inhaling the steam that comes off. Apparently it works wonders - never tried it myself!
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #15516
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,676
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by j03 View Post
You could try mixing Boiling Water with Menthol Crystals and inhaling the steam that comes off. Apparently it works wonders - never tried it myself!
Anything with Menthol works wonders.

I was getting sick right before my trip to Paris over Christmas. I took vitamin C tablets (100% of daily dose) and drank almost nothing but tea and it worked wonders.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:44 PM   #15517
Fully Optimized
 
LukaszR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,833
Send a message via MSN to LukaszR
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

So, anyone try out the new GNOME 3.0? ( yes its linux )

I've been messing around with it the last few days, its really user friendly. I find its taken a little from Windows 7 and the Apple OS, features that make it a lot more convenient to navigate among the desktop, such as windows and integrating applications such as IM'ing apps. I like the look of it too, it really has a sleek look. Well I think Linux all together has always had an eye-appealing interface.

Its nice to see these improvements, definitely makes Linux an OS thats on the climb!

Check this link if you's are interested: www.gnome3.org
__________________
Desktop - DualBoot: Fedora 15/Windows 7 64bit
Netbook - Windows 7 Professional

www.Cyber-Talk.ca League of Legends and Gaming Community
LukaszR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:14 AM   #15518
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team
 
iPwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,675
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaszR View Post
So, anyone try out the new GNOME 3.0? ( yes its linux )

I've been messing around with it the last few days, its really user friendly. I find its taken a little from Windows 7 and the Apple OS, features that make it a lot more convenient to navigate among the desktop, such as windows and integrating applications such as IM'ing apps. I like the look of it too, it really has a sleek look. Well I think Linux all together has always had an eye-appealing interface.

Its nice to see these improvements, definitely makes Linux an OS thats on the climb!

Check this link if you's are interested: www.gnome3.org
I tried to install the new KDE 4.6? I think it is, but wasn't able to as I upgraded to Kubuntu 11.04 and they're still compiling for 11.04, can't wait to test it out though. Gnome 3 looks great, it's taken on the Netbook remix look which I've always thought was very clean.
__________________
Humans are the only creatures that won't live up to the their potential. Give everything your all. When you die, die on E.

So I ask you, what do you intend to do now?
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #15519
Fully Optimized
 
LukaszR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,833
Send a message via MSN to LukaszR
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectionZero View Post
I tried to install the new KDE 4.6? I think it is, but wasn't able to as I upgraded to Kubuntu 11.04 and they're still compiling for 11.04, can't wait to test it out though. Gnome 3 looks great, it's taken on the Netbook remix look which I've always thought was very clean.
I'll need to give that a whirl. I am not a huge fan of KDE, much prefer GNOME. But...that being said, I will definitely give it a test drive.
__________________
Desktop - DualBoot: Fedora 15/Windows 7 64bit
Netbook - Windows 7 Professional

www.Cyber-Talk.ca League of Legends and Gaming Community
LukaszR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #15520
Golden Master
 
sniperviper21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 5,438
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

So i got a 60inch Sharp Aquos TV. about to try a blu ray. woot
__________________

__________________
You got to have a Fiddle in the band!
sniperviper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0