Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-03-2011, 02:43 AM   #15391
Golden Master

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

3M's 32-inch display with 10-finger multitouch steps out at CeBIT (video) -- Engadget

God i could SOOOO use one of those in my office in QC/QA....

like man..

Old 03-03-2011, 12:26 PM   #15392
Daemon Poster

Send a message via ICQ to The_Lucas Send a message via MSN to The_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to The_Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
The iPad 2 -- Engadget

Looks like this one will be everything the first iPad should have been. I wonder what this will do to all those android tablets that are now horribly overpriced in comparison.
I want one so darn bad...That iMovie demonstration in the Apple keynote was awesome

http://lucasbytegeni.us
Quote:
Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
Doesn't "loatheing" something the same as "love?" Whenever i hear it be used the person "loves" that product or service or whatever it is they're talking about.
The_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:13 PM   #15393
Fully Optimized

YEah they are a rip off if you ask me considering you can get a whole computer for that price and oh yes FLASH SUPPORT!! I might get the next gen ipod touch though in september if my old 2gen holds out until then. Itr will probably have the A5 chip as well. IS there even going to be a new iphone this year? they didn't mention it.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:59 PM   #15394
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to VINMAN46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikee286 View Post
YEah they are a rip off if you ask me considering you can get a whole computer for that price and oh yes FLASH SUPPORT!! I might get the next gen ipod touch though in september if my old 2gen holds out until then. Itr will probably have the A5 chip as well. IS there even going to be a new iphone this year? they didn't mention it.
flash isnt even a big deal on the ipad I could care less bout crappy ads
VINMAN46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:34 PM   #15395
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by VINMAN46 View Post
flash isnt even a big deal on the ipad I could care less bout crappy ads

Or YouTube (outside of an application...) or Hulu...or newgrounds...or...dare I go on? Much less soon with Apple deprecating Java, too!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:10 AM   #15396
Daemon Poster

Send a message via ICQ to The_Lucas Send a message via MSN to The_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to The_Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grantofhell

Or YouTube (outside of an application...) or Hulu...or newgrounds...or...dare I go on? Much less soon with Apple deprecating Java, too!
Apple won't do anything to Java except make it faster, because it's open source. According to Jobs the reasons Apple didn't include flash in their iDevices is because of battery life and also because it's closed source. There may be other things at work here, but that's what Jobs's note said.
Quote:
Doesn't "loatheing" something the same as "love?" Whenever i hear it be used the person "loves" that product or service or whatever it is they're talking about.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:47 AM   #15397
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lucas View Post
Apple won't do anything to Java except make it faster, because it's open source. According to Jobs the reasons Apple didn't include flash in their iDevices is because of battery life and also because it's closed source. There may be other things at work here, but that's what Jobs's note said.
The battery life excuse is BS. Apple's claims were based off a very early flash build that was still lacking hardware acceleration. I have flash on my Dell Streak, and it seems to actually get better battery life with flash than HTML5.

Anyway, on the more pressing issues...

WTF? The drive shows up in the BIOS, and passes the drive tests. It seems that HP was lazy when making their BIOS and only gave partial support to one of the sata ports. Looks like I just wasted two days of work. I should've spent a little extra and gone with an asus board...
Old 03-06-2011, 12:44 PM   #15398
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to VINMAN46

oh man

halo reach servers are down
VINMAN46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 10:43 AM   #15399
meh.

In google maps for android, is there a way to draw custom maps? Now that it has a topographical layer and caching, that's all I need to replace my old pos garmin.

EDIT: I figured it out. Go to maps.google.com on a computer, sign in, then right click>draw line. Then, save it, go back to the phone, kill google the google maps process, reopen google maps, then go to layers>more layers>custom layers and it should be there. Awesome! Now if only I could find a browser that can emulate right click so I can edit directly from my phone...
Old 03-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #15400
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead
In google maps for android, is there a way to draw custom maps? Now that it has a topographical layer and caching, that's all I need to replace my old pos garmin.

EDIT: I figured it out. Go to maps.google.com on a computer, sign in, then right click>draw line. Then, save it, go back to the phone, kill google the google maps process, reopen google maps, then go to layers>more layers>custom layers and it should be there. Awesome! Now if only I could find a browser that can emulate right click so I can edit directly from my phone...
Opera Mobile should work.

Quote: