Random Chit Chat

That might work, except that we signed a 2 year contract to get the "price for life" thing.

So did I :D

Edit: I was cleaning out my basement the other day and found that I have a Qwest 2wire modem chillin in my basement. I think it was the replacement modem that they sent me (may be the old one) so if you don't get a new one after the hassle let me know and I'll check what the specs are on it. I go to school in Thornton, not too sure how far away that is from Aurora but like what... 20 min?

Edit2: Just realized you meant for the cancel threat lol. If you don't get a new modem let me know and I'll see if the one I have is compatible with the speed, if so, I'm not opposed to parting with it for the price of free if you were to meet me at my school so I don't have to ship it.

Edit3: It's a 2701HG-D and I'm currently using the 2700HG-D so both can handle the speed. I may replace mine and give ya the old one if you're interested.

And Finally... Edit4: Just contacted an old friend in Qwest regarding the modem swap. If you're going to be on ADSL then you can use the 2Wire modem that I have without issue and it doesn't matter that it came from my account. If you're getting VDSL2, then my 2Wire will not work and you should get a modem for free to use with that service since it's an upgrayedd (Two D's for a double dose of my pimpin, and +1 if you know the movie)

I lied...Edit5: Hooked up my 2701 and got it all configured AND the 2700 will work with your internet since you stated it's 7 meg. Don't get a modem? let me know.

2282360_s1_i2_745.jpg

That's basically it, it's Wireless B/G as well as 4 port and USB.

InfectionZero - Thanks for offering, but it seems I can go 7Mbps with my current modem. Is it normal for me to only go about 500-650kbps with Wifi? It occasionally goes up to 7Mbps, but that's once in awhile.

Too bad the qwest technician screwed up my home phone. If anybody try calling me through my home phone, it gets redirected to another house. I also don't get a dial tone either.

Is it normal for me to only go about 500-650kbps with Wifi?

What revision are you using? I used to see speeds about like that when I was on 802.11g, then I switched to N300 and it got much faster. The signal strength also makes a huge difference, so make sure your router is placed well.

EDIT: mmm... looks like I passed 250k folding@home points in the last 24 hours.

What revision are you using? I used to see speeds about like that when I was on 802.11g, then I switched to N300 and it got much faster. The signal strength also makes a huge difference, so make sure your router is placed well.

Not sure what you mean about revision, but I'm using 802.11g.

So I just found out my new Sony laptop has a bad sector on the HDD. It sucks because it seems it's going to cost $10 to ship it back. Then they aren't actually going to just replace it. They are going to keep it for 2-3 weeks to test for defects and repair themselves then send it back to me.

Back
Top Bottom