Random Chit Chat

It could be a few things. But you can try checking and adjusting the for the correct voltages; there's three that need to be correct and are adjusted with pot's on the PSU board, they supply the PDP engine boards. I don't have the info right now on the lappy but a few 50" plasma's that i've worked on had the voltage settings displayed on labels inside the unit. This might fix the issue although if it's temporary then the problem is elsewhere.

Oh and while the cover is off check the PSU board for bad caps, I had to replace 9 on the PSU of the current TV i'm looking at, although this is less likely to be the problem.

If the voltages are correct, 190V, 5V, 18V, I think(?), then i'd suspect the 'Y' or 'Z' sustain boards.

I don't think it's the Main/AV Board or the Control Board basically cause these are pretty reliable parts of a plasma TV and i'll rule out the upper and lower 'Y' buffer boards cause the chances of both failing at the same time are low.

I'll be on the main rig later so i'll post up some pictures of the current set i'm looking at to help you out.

EDIT:

Does anyone know how to set the forum to automatically display the last post in a thread?

Wow, thanks. That helps quite a bit. I'll pm you for pics whenever I get it apart. It may be a while though, my dad is still in denial that there is a problem, and the thing weighs a ton and is bolted onto a 200 pound steel contraption that scares the living crap out of me. I always feel like the entire rig is going to rip clean out of the wall.

Well, I bought an ATI TV wonder on eBay for the htpc. Microsoft released an update specifically for that card, so I'm thinking that this one may actually work. If it does, it'll be awesome because it can pick up every channel in HD instead of just the local channels.

Just wondering, is there a way to set up a computer to act as a media center extender? I know about services like playon, but I want free. It needs to work over the network because I do not have high speed internet.

Woohoo, got my internet upgraded to 7Mbps from 1.5Mbps for $2 extra per month. Though it doesn't start till next Tuesday.

how much would you consider a decent down payment on on purchase of said home. Roughly 50-70k$

ALSO

im on a boat!
titanic1r.jpg

Back
Top Bottom