Random Chit Chat

Oh, that is right...you got a 5870. I think I had seen something like that on page 373 or thereabouts.

Speaking of which, how's your CPU temp doing right now :p?

Buy me a couple of parts and you'll get a competition.

And aren't you required to make at least three purchases a month on your card? Mobo, CPU, RAM. SandyBridge is hitting soon, and the 2400/2500's are looking good.

ESPECIALLY since RAM is hitting its lowest price since 2008, right now. It sky-rocketed for a bit, but came down in a big hurry in the latter part of 2010.

DDR3 ram seems really cheap now. I wanted to get an i7, but that seems a bit much. An i5 looks more realistic in my budget. It looks like I will need about $350 for those three things.

I have about $1,500 left over from Financial aid. I could use some to upgrade. However, I will be taking some summer classes, so I need to save the left overs for it.

In all honesty, stay away from 1366 unless you're going big. By which I mean 980x. I wish I would have gotten a Lynnfield i7, and not a Bloomfield. The architecture on the i7 9xx can't keep up with Lynnfield, which means it will be put further in history by 1155 (SandyBridge)

1156, 1155, and 2011 are going to be where it's at.

And, you'll need a bit more than 350USD, lol. Just an i5 (760) is ~200. Gigabyte makes a decent P55 mobo for 120 (though I'd opt to get a board with a little more quality), and 4GB of 1333 runs about 50 dollars.

17°, also. Was 14° earlier.

We're (supposedly) getting a big snow here Monday/Tuesday, So we'll have to crank the numbers out (competitive benchmark). Even though in P95/LIP-FFT's, I get 42° :p.
The 470 sits at 28 idle, 50 under FurMark with PFX at 1920x1200.

And, you'll need a bit more than 350USD, lol. Just an i5 (760) is ~200. Gigabyte makes a decent P55 mobo for 120 (though I'd opt to get a board with a little more quality), and 4GB of 1333 runs about 50 dollars.

When I buy them, it will be about $350, haha. I have the luck where when I need a certain part, I will find them on sale. Most of the parts in my system were on sale when I got it. The only one that were not is optical drive, and PSU.

I was originally going to go with the Phenom II series, but my friend got the Phenom II 965. So it seems the only way I can beat his is to stick with Intel.

I don't need to replace or upgrade any parts soon. Sure it would be nice, but my current system still runs all my games on max settings, except for GTAIV.

IMG_20110108_203223.jpg

This Begins lol

Back
Top Bottom