Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 11-10-2010, 06:36 AM   #14231
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
Too much text, not enough photos. I'd make the effect fade slower, so there is less white. Replace the "Three sixty five" with "Three Hundred Sixty Five." You may say it that way, but it isn't technically correct. I'd also replace the car picture with something else. It just doesn't fit.

Other than that, looks allright. What is this for?

It's the cover of the photobook im designing for my photo of the day project, i'm getting 1 printed next year, just throwing around idea's, i'll have a play around with the fades and photo's and post the results later.

In the mean time, im considering purchasing one of these,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/10-TABLET-PC-...#ht_794wt_1139

Thoughts?

Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:28 AM   #14232
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodude112320 View Post
In the mean time, im considering purchasing one of these,

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/10-TABLET-PC-...#ht_794wt_1139

Thoughts?
Archos 101. It's $300-350 in the US. There is also the Archos 70, which is $260. Both have a 1GHz ARM cortex A8, 802.11n, 3D OpenGL ES graphics, a camera. HDMI out, and android 2.2. Oh, and a kickstand.

That one you linked looks like complete junk. Windows 7 is terrible for tablet use also.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:51 AM   #14233
Fully Optimized

Arrgghh!!!!

Just spilled a whole cup of coffee all over my desk! S!*T! Took me an hour to clear it up!

Screwed the keyboard and now I have to use this thing....

Old 11-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #14234
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by j03 View Post
So, I applied to some university's last month.
I applied to:
Aberystwyth to do a MEng in Software Engineering (with a year in industry)
Bangor to do a BSc Computer Science
Cardiff to do BSc Computer Science
Manchester to do a BSc in Computer Science
Nottingham to do a MSci in Computer Science

I've had offers from Aberystwyth, Bangor and Nottingham. Exciting Times!
Congrats, where are you thinkin of goin and are you leaning more towards Computer Science or Software engineering?

So I ask you, what do you intend to do now?
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:09 PM   #14235
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remeniz View Post
Arrgghh!!!!

Just spilled a whole cup of coffee all over my desk! S!*T! Took me an hour to clear it up!

Screwed the keyboard and now I have to use this thing....

Could be worse. Here's what I'm using:

My logitech Classic and My apple pro keyboard have nonworking keys. I've been considering a mechanical keyboard, but I really need to feel it before I buy one, especially given that my friend's $150 steelseries feels like crap.

Can anyone here think of where I could get a very small DC pump that has an intake and output line? The only thing I can think of is the pump in one of those vacuum-level things that sticks on the wall, but they cost $25+ and I'd rather not spend so much on something I'll probably use five times.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #14236
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Could be worse. Here's what I'm using:

My logitech Classic and My apple pro keyboard have nonworking keys. I've been considering a mechanical keyboard, but I really need to feel it before I buy one, especially given that my friend's $150 steelseries feels like crap.

Can anyone here think of where I could get a very small DC pump that has an intake and output line? The only thing I can think of is the pump in one of those vacuum-level things that sticks on the wall, but they cost $25+ and I'd rather not spend so much on something I'll probably use five times.
Granted Foothead. Your keyboard is epically creamy and stained!

But yea I can't stand the long travel keys and it's clunky-ness. Ah well...

Whats the pump for?
Old 11-10-2010, 01:32 PM   #14237
meh.

Quote:
Granted Foothead. Your keyboard is epically creamy and stained!
Yeah, I know. It came that way, and I can't seem to get it off. Even rubbing alcohol didn't work.

Quote:
Whats the pump for?
I probably shouldn't say because some people would consider it dangerous. Let's just say that I need it to create a small stream of liquid...

I just took apart a really old computer, and found some rather interesting parts.

What was this ribbon cable used for? It's got 7 plugs on it. Four are floppy connectors, and three are something I don't recognize. It was floating around in the case, attached to nothing.

This one's even more strange. It's an ISA CD-rom interface board, but it seems to be missing a few components, and it has a through hole mount DIP switch on it.

EDIT: WTF? According to Nielson, 80% of HDTV owners don't have HD programming. Is this a joke, or are people really that ignorant?
Old 11-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #14238
Fully Optimized

Quote:
I probably shouldn't say because some people would consider it dangerous. Let's just say that I need it to create a small stream of liquid...
Mmmmm.... *thinks* So what diameter piping do you need?

Didn't they use those cables for old SCSI devices?

Quote:
EDIT: WTF? According to Nielson, 80% of HDTV owners don't have HD programming. Is this a joke, or are people really that ignorant?
[RANT]
Seriously, this annoys the hell out of me. Like people with 16:9 TV's and they either stretch a 4:3 broadcast to fill the screen or wreck a 16:9 broadcast by zooming in. Personally I don't consider anything less than 1080 vertical lines HD either. 768 HD? Not for me.

But yea HD TV without HD broadcast stations?
[/RANT]
Old 11-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #14239
Fully Optimized

+1 for 16:10 because it's cool.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #14240
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I have an HDTV, and I only have like 3-4 HD channels (the deuce, fox 31, ABC, etc). It's the one I get from the air. I don't have any other HD channels because my dad refuse to pay more, and I don't have a job, so I can't pay for it. However, I didn't buy my HDTV to watch TV, more of using it for my PS3 and PC. Also, my dad has an HDTV too, but only get the same HD channels as me. DirecTV doesn't offer HD Chinese channels either.

Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote