Random Chit Chat

ARG! I miss my CM690 lol. It was a much more spacious case. But I love the newly defined clean lines of the CM690II. I'm torn, lol.

I think I'll buy some cheap parts just so I have an excuse to use my CM690 again <3

The CM690II looks a lot nicer. Maybe I should sell my current 690 and invest in a 690II. I kinda want the Antec Lanboy, but that's about $100 more than I want to pay.

I think the BSOD went away. I just unplugged my HDMI cable that was connected to my HDTV, and connected my DVI to the first slot instead of the second DVI slot.

GAH!!!! I just realized that 22 of the relays I got were actually 115 VAC coil instead of 24, and 6 of them were already glued in place. I had to break the two clips on the side, turn the screw halfway, then carefully extract them from the casing. Took at least an hour.

I found this $300 Toshiba laptop at Office Depot, and my dad bought it for my brother for Christmas. It's pretty low spec (AMD V120, HD 4250, 2GB DDR3, etc.) but it seemed like it'd be virtually indestructible, so maybe it'll actually last. Anyway, my dad said to see if I can find anything better within the 14 day return period. Specs really aren't all that important, it just needs good battery life, a decent screen, and it needs to be really tough. So if you see anything decent, let me know. Budget is $350.

I found this $300 Toshiba laptop at Office Depot, and my dad bought it for my brother for Christmas. It's pretty low spec (AMD V120, HD 4250, 2GB DDR3, etc.) but it seemed like it'd be virtually indestructible, so maybe it'll actually last. Anyway, my dad said to see if I can find anything better within the 14 day return period. Specs really aren't all that important, it just needs good battery life, a decent screen, and it needs to be really tough. So if you see anything decent, let me know. Budget is $350.

Should your dad be buying him a laptop after what he did to your iphone?

I just noticed this Grant, but when did you get an i7?

Yeah, I wondered about that the other day when I saw it too.

Should your dad be buying him a laptop after what he did to your iphone?

IDK, he tends to take care of his own stuff at least somewhat, and he did agree to pay for the iPhone...

He really needs a laptop or something, because he tends to bring everything to my mom's house since he stays there most of the time, then whenever he goes to my dad's house, it's just extreme boredom.

EDIT: I just went all OCD on my project desk.

2010-10-21025227.jpg

I should've thought to wall mount that monitor ages ago. It helps tons when soldering because I don't have to worry about accidentally screwing up my laptop screen with the soldering iron. All I did was put two screws into the VESA mount, tie a wire around them, then hang it like a painting.

Back
Top Bottom