Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-30-2010, 11:00 AM   #13821
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Nice work there Foothead. Get those extra relays you need.

I guessed you'd like the link as it ties in with your current project.

So roughly how many relays would you need to match a modern day processor.....? Some are touching close to a billion transistors.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #13822
meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remeniz View Post
Nice work there Foothead. Get those extra relays you need.

I guessed you'd like the link as it ties in with your current project.
I'm still trying to get the relays. Paypal is still screwing me around. They keep saying that I have to do something to verify my account, I do it, then they move on to something else even more ridiculous. Right now, I'm waiting for a letter that will contain a code to allow me to continue verification. It's ridiculous. They did this because I logged into paypal from my phone, which always seems to think I live in michigan...

And yeah, that video fit perfectly. I wonder how long it took to make that though. He could probably have built it for real in that amount of time.

Quote:
So roughly how many relays would you need to match a modern day processor.....? Some are touching close to a billion transistors.
It really wouldn't be possible to make a modern CPU out of relays. The fastest clock they can tolerate tends to be about 10Hz. So even if you built an exact replica of an i7, it would most likely take years to boot windows. I could maybe see like a relay 8086 capable of running DOS, but that would be a hell of a project, and it'd still take forever to do anything.

Oh, and it would probably look something like this but with relays.

Old 09-30-2010, 03:07 PM   #13823
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

Just me... or is has CF been a bit... "Meh" lately?
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 03:32 PM   #13824
Fully Optimized

Yes. It's really that time of year again. School has kicked up for a lot of people. A lot of members will be more active around Christmas and for a few weeks (maybe months after). Spring break is another one where more members are active. And of course, summer.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #13825
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
Foothead. Use damn If chips

And Mike. Its a video game lol.
Doubt use us a mini to kill zombies
I shall not loose.

http://left4dead.wikia.com/wiki/Hunting_Rifle
Old 09-30-2010, 10:18 PM   #13826
Daemon Poster

2nd Gen Mazda pickups:
Second slowest truck in North America (after the old Nissan KingCab my dad used to own haha)
damn things only giving me 85hp to work with. fml. i think a peddle bike has more acceleration. and half the time i cant get the damn thing into Reverse and idk why.
winslow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #13827
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I think I am getting better on SCII. If I join a party my friend made, and he went to play a quick league match, does that mean I will be playing in his league? For example, if he was in the Gold league, and we play a league match, then we will play against other leagues.

If so, then I think I will be around the silver league. I still gotta finish my practice league though, still go about 30 matches.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #13828
Daemon Poster

Send a message via ICQ to The_Lucas Send a message via MSN to The_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to The_Lucas

Whew, haven't been on here for a while just got my new forum up and running. Busy week. Had some problems getting the server, had to figure out wth HTML is (jk, sorta ), then had some problems getting MyBB working, and all sorts of fun. Works now. I am so excited.
http://lucasbytegeni.us
Quote:
Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
Doesn't "loatheing" something the same as "love?" Whenever i hear it be used the person "loves" that product or service or whatever it is they're talking about.
The_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #13829
meh.

I just ordered supplies for automating my Christmas lights.

Do y'all think an 800 MHz VIA C3 would be enough to run Vixen with 64 channels? It'll have 512MB DDR and will be running Windows Xp. If not, I'll use a Sempron 3200+ system I just put together, but I'd rather use that as my main computer at my dad's house. BTW, sempron 3200 + HD 5770 = epic bottleneck.
Old 10-02-2010, 04:28 PM   #13830
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I have a question about the SCII achievements. How do I get the "as all possibilities"?

Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote