Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #13641
meh.

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

B-52s concert was awesome.

Cameras weren't allowed, so I had to take pictures with my phone.

I got a video of Planet Claire and Rock Lobster, but the audio quality is pretty bad. If anyone wants it, I could upload it.

Old 09-18-2010, 01:17 AM   #13642
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

Well im just about to leave for metallica, SO PHYSICKED!

Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:21 AM   #13643
Daemon Poster

Send a message via ICQ to The_Lucas Send a message via MSN to The_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to The_Lucas

Tore apart my Axim X30 today, I got sick of having to go through hell to get a backup restored after swapping batts, and after gingerly flicking up the mboard, guess what I found? A little 1.2 V 20 mAh NiMH button cell that was supposed to be my backup batt that saves the day, which has been the super villain since the day I got it. Now to find a replacement Varta V20HR.... and some solder. Good news, the batt is $5-7 USD, compared to $70 if Dell fixed it for you; the bad news, I need to take the microscopic leads off of the stock batt and solder them on the new one, since I don't want to spend $20 on a prepackaged one. Let's hope my highly-developed skillz don't leave 1/8" lumps on it like my last project , this is a very tight fit.
Also was instantly promoted to admin when I joined a phpBB forum my friend made, not very exciting, but I can't get to the admin control panel. There isn't a link to it on the bottom of the page, and adding "/admin" to the web address just gives me barf about how I'm unauthorized and need to contact one of the admins .
Fun fun fun....
http://lucasbytegeni.us
Quote:
Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
Doesn't "loatheing" something the same as "love?" Whenever i hear it be used the person "loves" that product or service or whatever it is they're talking about.
The_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:32 AM   #13644
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

Urch, I find driving lessons etc very annoying. I like my instructor.... and I'm OK at driving. I booked my test about 3 weeks ago... and last week, i got a letter saying that it has been moved from the 27th of October to the 8th of November. That means that I'm going to have to pay for another 2-3 lessons, which basically means that I'm going to have NO money between now and mid-november.

It's been like this since March...

/rant.
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:33 AM   #13645
Daemon Poster

Send a message via ICQ to The_Lucas Send a message via MSN to The_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to The_Lucas

What are you going to do with all that time?
http://lucasbytegeni.us
Quote:
Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
Doesn't "loatheing" something the same as "love?" Whenever i hear it be used the person "loves" that product or service or whatever it is they're talking about.
The_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:23 AM   #13646
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to FlightSimBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
for all the motor heads...

what do you think...

http://www.jcwhitney.com/performance...estid=18099863

and

well, any recommendations on the rest of the exhaust?

04 5.4L Lariat F150

i want that sound lol.
Getting tires like those soon to perhaps
Found a vid of the actual 2004 model 5.4 Lariat. Sounds badass with a straight pipe.

I say go with a straight pipe for exhaust. I love that sound, but haven't got around to doing it to my own truck. As for the headers, be careful. Most of the reviews say they were hard to install. I don't know if that was because the people were inexperienced, or if they truly were a pain in the ass. If you need a boost in power, and know what you're doing, go for 'em.
My Computer: eMachines T5226 - Intel Pentium D Dual Core @ 3 GHz - Diamond Viper Radeon HD3870 OC Edition with 1 GB GDDR3 VRAM - 4 GB PQi Turbo DDR2-533 RAM - Corsair 650W PSU with 52A on single rail - TSSTcorp DVD-DL+-RW combo drive - Lite-on 52x CD-RW burner - Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer - Logitech z5300e speakers - WinFast TV Tuner - Vista Ultimate 64-Bit. eBay name: Flightsimboy304
FlightSimBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:15 PM   #13647
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

Quote:
Originally Posted by j03 View Post
Urch, I find driving lessons etc very annoying. I like my instructor.... and I'm OK at driving. I booked my test about 3 weeks ago... and last week, i got a letter saying that it has been moved from the 27th of October to the 8th of November. That means that I'm going to have to pay for another 2-3 lessons, which basically means that I'm going to have NO money between now and mid-november.

It's been like this since March...

/rant.
I decided to spend some money regardless. I've got a BELKIN TuneCast II in the post.

Anyone used/tried one?
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #13648
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

POS in my opinion. Then again, I only paid $20 USD from my local Walmart store. I had to buy an headphone extender just to increase the range by a little.

However, if you can solder, you can try this mod. I would have tried it if I had the soldering tools.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:11 PM   #13649
meh.

I have one of their earlier models. It works great in the car, but only if your radio is on the same circuit as the cigarette lighter you plugged it into.

As far as using it in your house, you can forget about it unless you build some sort of signal amplifier for it. Just adding antenna doesn't help much.

BTW, the audio quality is decent if you find a completely dead station. By that, I mean one with as little static as possible, and definitely no radio broadcasting on it. It's a pita to keep one if you are traveling.
Old 09-18-2010, 08:58 PM   #13650
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
for all the motor heads...

what do you think...

http://www.jcwhitney.com/performance...estid=18099863

and

well, any recommendations on the rest of the exhaust?

04 5.4L Lariat F150

i want that sound lol.
Getting tires like those soon to perhaps
Could straight-pipe it depending on your local laws on that sort of thing. if you leave on the catalytic converter you might be OK depending on the laws in your area. I know one guy who hollowed out a muffler, so it was straight pipes but if a cop stopped him, it still has a muffler so they cant do anything
I currently have my basket-case Mazda on 2-inch straight pipes, even with a 4-cylinder that things LOUD.

If your looking for added horsepower by those headers, personally I'd save that money and throw it into your intake system. you'll see more added power for your money

winslow33 is offline   Reply With Quote