Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #13581
meh.

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Does at&t still cap their 'unlimited' data plans at 5 GB a month? I just realized I've used like 4.85 GB this month.

Old 09-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #13582
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
Hard AI is like. Legendary difficulty lol.

try it on one of the Fastest Possible Maps off Battle.net
Going from Medium to Hard difficulty is quite the jump in skill level. From my experience, the only way to beat Hard AI is to turtle at first. They rush quick and if you're not used to producing units right out of the gate, you'll get whomped on quick.
I'm rated Platinum on Bnet but still have some trouble in some Hard AI matchups.

No offense Sniper, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT play Fastest Maps. These will only hurt your skill level as you're not learning to effectively manage and build economy. The AI isn't programmed to adapt to the modified economy structure so you're realistically playing Hard AI, but reducing their skill level to medium as the AI doesn't know to adjust. Play Hard AI on maps like Lost Temple. Which race are you playing?

For Terran and Protoss, you need to block off the choke/ramp first, and get some defense.
With Protoss, throwing up a Pylon/Gateway to block the choke and then making a cannon behind to deter early game pressure is key for hard/insane matchups. Always send a scout to see the build order of your enemy to see what tech they might be getting. Scout their base until they have a ranged unit to kill your probe/scv/drone. Otherwise, you can micro your scout around their ground forces to continue getting that vital scouting info.
With Terran, the standard dual Supply depot/Rax wall off is good. You don't want a bunk in front as the buildings have more HP and provide a stronger wall off. Plus, you can drop the supply depots for access in and out of your base.
With Zerg... derp, I have no idea! I don't play Zerg and and know that you can't wall off in the beginning of the matchup so a few sunks are good but make sure you're producing lings! Never forget early game units.

With any SC2 strat, the most important thing to remember is your Micro ability. Economy is key!! Never stop producing probes/scv's/drones. You should get in the habit of hotkey'ing your Nexus/Command Center/Hatchery so you can quickly access it to produce more workers. Once your main economy is saturated (3 workers per mineral field and 3 per gas guyser) it's time to expand into your natural.

Playing comps is much different than playing PvP so it really depends on what skill level you're trying to achieve. If you want to be good at PvP, don't play comps, just jump in and play PvP. There's also a difference in strategy when you go from 1v1 to team play so keep that in mind as well.

So I ask you, what do you intend to do now?
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:09 AM   #13583
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

Im Ranked Bronze, though im going to blame my laptop on that, im getting 15fps and when i click for my units to do something there is major lag :\

Cant wait to have a proper rig again...
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #13584
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodude112320 View Post
Im Ranked Bronze, though im going to blame my laptop on that, im getting 15fps and when i click for my units to do something there is major lag :\

Cant wait to have a proper rig again...
I had the same issue I had to reduce all my settings to low graphics just to play

I got bronze in 2v2 for the same reason but it's cool, because now I play on the main rig and just whomp on noobs in 2v2.... sure is a lot of early game cheese tho

Old 09-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #13585
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectionZero View Post
For Terran and Protoss, you need to block off the choke/ramp first, and get some defense.
That's usually what I do, but a couple of my friends told me not to do that. They want me to play defensive instead (like building a couple of barracks near their base). They also said I should attack quick. If I don't, I will surely be attacked and most likely lose.

Quote:
With Terran, the standard dual Supply depot/Rax wall off is good. You don't want a bunk in front as the buildings have more HP and provide a stronger wall off. Plus, you can drop the supply depots for access in and out of your base.
That's what I usually do, but I was told that I don't need the 2 supply depots. So I should just make one supply depot and multiple barracks, and more supply depot when needed.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:29 PM   #13586
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
That's usually what I do, but a couple of my friends told me not to do that. They want me to play defensive instead (like building a couple of barracks near their base). They also said I should attack quick. If I don't, I will surely be attacked and most likely lose.
Building a proxy base is good for PvP matchups if you can get away with it. That's more of an 'all in' strategy so if you fail, you really fail.

Edit: Just because you don't draw first blood doesn't mean you'll lose. And these 'all in' strategies are only good if your opponent doesn't know the proper response. If you watch the replays on the link I provided below, you'll see that the highest level players turtle early game to prevent early game rushes as well as post initial scouting. This also keeps units from going straight into your base and harassing your mineral line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
That's what I usually do, but I was told that I don't need the 2 supply depots. So I should just make one supply depot and multiple barracks, and more supply depot when needed.
Here's what I mean minus the bunker, given the fact there's already a wall, the bunker is wasted resources.

With this type of wall off, you can drop the depots for access, but you still maintain the high ground.

For some step by step pro strats, go here. That link is already filtered for Terran strats so you'll see the various replays on the right.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:13 PM   #13587
Daemon Poster

Send a message via ICQ to The_Lucas Send a message via MSN to The_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to The_Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodude112320 View Post
I've had her for 3 years (About the life span of a mouse) so she's had a long run, she's still acting normally which is good. Hope everything turns out well with your dog
Thanks, man. The dog is coming back today, because the vet said the blasted tumor was infected (well, what the heck, it's been bleeding for weeks! And we told you [the person who took her and manages her material needs] that she had this thing on her the instant it started). So now she's coming home, and we have to feed her antibiotics for a while. I'll be glad to have her back though, I missed her a lot
http://lucasbytegeni.us
Quote:
Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
Doesn't "loatheing" something the same as "love?" Whenever i hear it be used the person "loves" that product or service or whatever it is they're talking about.
The_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:08 PM   #13588
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Here's what I mean minus the bunker, given the fact there's already a wall, the bunker is wasted resources.
That's exactly what I do, and they told me not to.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:23 PM   #13589
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team

That's funny... all the pro's do, maybe they know something everyone else doesn't

I would take a look at what the pro's are doing and follow their lead...

Old 09-13-2010, 09:49 PM   #13590
Fully Optimized

I disregard what "Pro's" do and replace it with my own randomness thus creating a more pro strategy, works like a charm.