Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-16-2010, 10:52 PM   #13201
Daemon Poster
 
winslow33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 861
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Wanna know something weird? My dad used to be a supervisor at an open pit iron mine. When he worked there the mine gave him a truck to go around the pits in. He used to frequently bring it home at nights after work if we needed a truck for whatever reason. The mine closed, they sold off all the trucks (they had a fleet of about a dozen). I was cruising the classifieds tonight and I saw this

http://northbay.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ200160302

His ex-work truck. I didnt think it was the same one until I called the guy (A friend wants a bush truck) and he told me he bought it off the old mine when it closed. I almost dropped my coffee cup on the floor. Id recognise it anywhere, what with the hole in the grill I accidently did while attempting to learn to drive standard, lol. And it was the only grey one they had, the rest were yellow.
Weird consitering I havnt seen the truck for almost 10 years.
I almost want to buy it and drive down to my dad's place with it to freak him out!
__________________

winslow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:01 PM   #13202
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Hey, so what free programs are there that I can use to record my webcam's video/take pictures? My laptop didn't come with the software to do that.
__________________

__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #13203
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team
 
iPwn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 3,673
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Yawcam
__________________
Humans are the only creatures that won't live up to the their potential. Give everything your all. When you die, die on E.

So I ask you, what do you intend to do now?
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:22 AM   #13204
Bogan
 
Neodude112320's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,471
Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by winslow33 View Post
Wanna know something weird? My dad used to be a supervisor at an open pit iron mine. When he worked there the mine gave him a truck to go around the pits in. He used to frequently bring it home at nights after work if we needed a truck for whatever reason. The mine closed, they sold off all the trucks (they had a fleet of about a dozen). I was cruising the classifieds tonight and I saw this

http://northbay.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ200160302

His ex-work truck. I didnt think it was the same one until I called the guy (A friend wants a bush truck) and he told me he bought it off the old mine when it closed. I almost dropped my coffee cup on the floor. Id recognise it anywhere, what with the hole in the grill I accidently did while attempting to learn to drive standard, lol. And it was the only grey one they had, the rest were yellow.
Weird consitering I havnt seen the truck for almost 10 years.
I almost want to buy it and drive down to my dad's place with it to freak him out!
I'd buy it, i reckon it would make his day
__________________
Desktop:BitFenix Survivor~Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3R~ i7 2600K @ 4hz~AMD 6870 1GB~12gb Team Elite DDR3 1333~3xWD In RAID5~W7 Ult
Laptop:Alienware M11x~ i7-2637M 1.7GHz~16GB 1333MHz DDR3~GeForce GT 540M~W7 Ult
Neodude112320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #13205
Daemon Poster
 
winslow33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 861
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodude112320 View Post
I'd buy it, i reckon it would make his day
I think I might. if nothing else she would be a good mudder/ bush truck You dont see that many old-style RAMs in 4x4. good lil birthday present for pops
winslow33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:10 AM   #13206
Golden Master
 
Rubber314Chicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,574
Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfectionZero View Post
thanks, but unless there is something I'm not seeing, I can't record video straight to my hard drive. That's all I want to do, I don't want any fancy internet streaming stuff.
__________________
AMD Athlon 64X2 4200+, 2 GB ram, 2 TB HDD, Ubuntu+SAMBA ♫ Lenovo T410, i5@ 2.4 GHz, 4 GB ram, 7
Rubber314Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:21 AM   #13207
j03
~~~~~~~~
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 5,556
Send a message via MSN to j03
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

i've got some homebrew cider on the go...
j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 05:15 PM   #13208
Daemon Poster
 
dudelewis1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 765
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber314Chicken View Post
thanks, but unless there is something I'm not seeing, I can't record video straight to my hard drive. That's all I want to do, I don't want any fancy internet streaming stuff.
I use Cheese on Ubuntu, idk if it works with Windows.
__________________
Athlon II x2 255 @ 3.1ghz | 4 gb ddr3 ram| 500+80 gb wd hd | Sapphire 5450 | Win7 | Hanns G 20"

Toshiba Satellite | Core2Duo @ 2.0 ghz | 3gb ram | 250 gb hd | lolintelgma | Ubuntu 10.04
dudelewis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:16 PM   #13209
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Teny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: United States
Posts: 5,957
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Is it possible to get an decent 5.1 receiver for less than $100?

Well, I got nothing. So I guess I am saving up.
__________________
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 10:45 PM   #13210
Golden Master
 
sniperviper21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 5,438
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

What would be cheeper,
Buy a decent blu ray w hdmi out and surround sound,
Or build a blu ray playing htpc? I already got a copy of windows xp and a blu ray drive.

But in my pc (sig) some movies like avayar freak out an get choppy and pixalllated, idk y.
__________________

__________________
You got to have a Fiddle in the band!
sniperviper21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0