Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #13021
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Don't want to use it as video because my Zune HD's screen is 3x bigger, and OLED looks better than LCD.
Pretty much my Zune 8 is obsolete as long as my Zune HD is working. I was thinking of giving it to my Mom, but the Zune 8 doesn't support unicode, so she can't browse through her chinese artists/songs.

Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #13022
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Rakuma

On headphones you aren't going to hear a difference on 128 and 320. You will start to hear a difference if you use your player to play through high end systems were the channels are split up and passed to a series of speakers. Only thing will you start to hear a decrease in quality. I can also hear it in my car since it has a full set of speakers and there will be crackling or just a thinner sound on songs that are 128 vs 320 ones.

Rakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:52 AM   #13023
Fully Optimized

320 starts to take up a lot of space, which I'd imagine is fairly precious on an 8GB device.
Old 08-08-2010, 01:42 PM   #13024
Fully Optimized

Does anyone know if I can get this for the PC?

Fancy some retroness!

Old 08-08-2010, 01:57 PM   #13025
Fully Optimized

Emulation?
Old 08-08-2010, 02:25 PM   #13026
Golden Master

Wow i even Overclocked my GPU and CPU and lowered the resolution to the smallest available and graphics on low an it still gets 5 FPS..

Never mind.... it seems to only be slow on the Fastest Maps... : /
Old 08-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #13027
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team

Hey Snipe, I added you on SC2 but didn't see you online, I'll get you my code but my username is Aspect

Totally Non Epic Story Time
So I get this chat from a person who purchased our service through TrialPay. While they were on the TrialPay website, they saw an ad for a restaurant.com deal and decided to purchase that too. Now apparently they have like two hours before their grand reservations (Like I care in the first place, but oh no, it gets better).
So the customer asks me what their restaurant.com code is. Since we have access to TrialPay for our internal codes, I can view the purchase history but for some reason, theirs doesn't show any code for the restaurant.com purchase. So I kindly inform them that I cannot see the details of other purchases as I'm with a separate company and only affiliated with TrialPay.
The customer goes on to explain that, again, they have reservations in two hours, they don't have their gift certificate and they got to TrialPay from our site so it's our issue and we need to correct it.
I again, kindly inform the customer that I cannot see the purchase and am not affiliated with Restaurant.com, but I let them know that I'd do some research for them on redeeming the their purchase. So I find that Restaurant.com sends an email with the certificate in it and they just print it out and notice that they haven't waited long enough to receive the email.
So I go back to chat and try to explain the whole thing to the customer but again I get
Quote:
Yes, but, i purchased the certificate from you, or TrialPay, all the same, and now i have no code. I attempted to call restaurant.com with no luck, as they're closed on sunday's
I was at a loss as he didn't even respond to what I said, so I said "F**k it, I'm not gonna respond to that one, just wait and see what she says...."
Now, again, I've explained that we're a different company about three times up to this point so I was a complete loss for the next response I get.
Quote:
Can you refund me?
This is where I almost lost it, you can't freakin take your Sears receipt to Walmart and expect a refund on a product, it doesn't work like that.

So I say no, and he says perfect and ends chat... that was the end of it. Or so I thought. My supervisors phone rings and guess who's on the other line asking for a refund....

Sigh... some people's kids

So I ask you, what do you intend to do now?
iPwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #13028
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakuma View Post
On headphones you aren't going to hear a difference on 128 and 320. You will start to hear a difference if you use your player to play through high end systems were the channels are split up and passed to a series of speakers. Only thing will you start to hear a decrease in quality. I can also hear it in my car since it has a full set of speakers and there will be crackling or just a thinner sound on songs that are 128 vs 320 ones.
I can easily tell the difference between a 128 and 320 kbps song unless the encoder on the 320 sucks. 128 usually sounds flat and you can hear artifacts, especially when the drummers hit the cymbal.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #13029
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

I can finally move on in KHII:FM+. Finally figured out what to do.

EDIT - I think my headphones are starting to go bad. Anybody know any good headphones for ~$30? Yeah, I know it's lower than the "starting" range for audiophiles, but I am currently unemployed, and trying to make my money last.
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #13030
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

Koss Portapro. Arguably the best bang for your buck headphones you can get.