Random Chit Chat

I personally prefer Cherry MX Browns. They have a tactile bump where the switch activates, but no tactile click like the blues, making the browns much quieter.

I have used one of those Logitech keyboards. I like using scissor switches over membranes, but I didn't particulary care for it. If quiet is your biggest priority, then a mechanical keyboard isn't for you.

I'm looking at mechanical keyboards too. whats a decent keyboard with the cherry MX browns thats not too expensive? is it possible to get a backlit mechanical keyboard?

The first keyboard I'd recommend is a Filco because I own a couple. Great build quality, but might be a little out of your price range at $100-$130.

The iOne Scorpius M10 uses Cherry MX Blue (clicky) switches which are preferred by most typists.

http://www.buy.com/prod/ione-scorpi...b/q/listingid/18341587/loc/101/205713562.html

Deck sells backlit keyboards, but they'll run you into the mid $100's, and I think they're the only backlit keyboards on the market. iOne is coming out with a backlit keyboard pretty soon, although I don't know how much it is.

http://www.ione.com.tw/2009/Product/6A_SC-U9 BL.asp

Deck keyboards:

http://www.deckkeyboards.com/

Hey guys... I just became a fan of "Cradle of Filth" though my dad has absolutely NO idea that I listen to that type of music lol
I don't really think it's a good idea if I told him what kind of music I listen to, seeing as he flashed me a strange look when I showed him some softer metal...

yeah metal is a touchy subject with parents. For the longest time my Mother thought I was going down the road of total abandon because I listened to Metallica and Pantera back in the early 90's as a early teen. You just gotta do you're thing man prove them that listening to the (\m/) horned music doesn't make the spawn of satan.

Cause lets face it, Nickleback just doesn't have anything that resembles a good guitar riff.

And with that fan thing is that why the cpu coolers that carry air across the board and through the machine are more and more popular right now cause it continues air moving through the case? As opposed to the Heatsinks that pull air off the cpu and shoot it at the side of the case. Also if I'm not in the budget of getting a fan controller is it possible to create the negative air pressure using different speed fans?

Hey guys... I just became a fan of "Cradle of Filth" though my dad has absolutely NO idea that I listen to that type of music lol
I don't really think it's a good idea if I told him what kind of music I listen to, seeing as he flashed me a strange look when I showed him some softer metal...

yeah metal is a touchy subject with parents. For the longest time my Mother thought I was going down the road of total abandon because I listened to Metallica and Pantera back in the early 90's as a early teen. You just gotta do you're thing man prove them that listening to the (\m/) horned music doesn't make the spawn of satan.

Cause lets face it, Nickleback just doesn't have anything that resembles a good guitar riff.

And with that fan thing is that why the cpu coolers that carry air across the board and through the machine are more and more popular right now cause it continues air moving through the case? As opposed to the Heatsinks that pull air off the cpu and shoot it at the side of the case. Also if I'm not in the budget of getting a fan controller is it possible to create the negative air pressure using different speed fans?

I was lucky, my parents didn't really care about what I listened to when I was a kid.

At first I didn't understand, but I think you're talking about tower-style coolers. They're usually preferred because it's easy to move air through them and you can get more surface area out of them.

And yes, you can use different fan speeds to create different internal pressures. More exhaust=negative pressure, more intake=positive pressure. Usually you want your case to lean towards negative, but the best thing you can do is experiment with your case.

Yeah... it feels kind of awkward because I actually showed one of these songs to my friend and he said that if his mom new that I had shown him, he wouldn't be allowed to hang out with me or anything... o_O
I told him that it's just music but the whole thing just seemed awkward.

Yeah... it feels kind of awkward because I actually showed one of these songs to my friend and he said that if his mom new that I had shown him, he wouldn't be allowed to hang out with me or anything... o_O
I told him that it's just music but the whole thing just seemed awkward.

Damn, that's pretty strict. My parents didn't like music with swearing in it, but they didn't seem to have a problem buying me CDs with explicit stickers on them.

Damn, that's pretty strict. My parents didn't like music with swearing in it, but they didn't seem to have a problem buying me CDs with explicit stickers on them.

Yeah... My friend is in a Catholic family and they are very strict with certain things. I won't get into the whole thing, but I find it strange that they are not allowed to watch the Disney show Wizards of Waverly Place because of the use of "Witchcraft"

Haha my cousin's kids like to play Guitar Hero but they can't play the Iron Maiden songs because one of "Number of the Beast". Pretty much entertainment at its finest.

But in more serious news if you like Cradle of Filth you should try some Inflames. they are one of my favorite metal bands.

Back
Top Bottom