Random Chit Chat

Funny how different my cooling setup is applied. All my cold air is drawn from the bottom of the case, and pulled to the top and back to create negative pressure. Unfortunately, none of my fans have enough static pressure to actually create the negative pressure.

Mine is drawn from the back of the case and exits at the top. Is that weird?

If you need an example of a positive pressure case, which is what mine is, here's what mine looks like.

pc_case.png

I have a fan controller however which runs my two front fans at a low speed, and the exhaust fans at a slightly faster speed. The 12cm's are also high CFM, so they transfer a lot of air flow, and the large 25cm fan is a low RPM, low CFM fan, I got the side panel mainly to see if it would help keep my motherboard cool (it does, but just marginally).

The case in question is a Thermaltake Armor, first generation. That upper left 9cm fan is where my two raptors sit in their little cage, so they get some direct exhaust lovin action.

I only put the video card on there because it's a dual slot card and sometimes I crank it up during long gaming sessions, so that will impact the lower case air flow.

I wonder if my stepdad's dell discount would apply to the streak?

Anyone know how that works? Is it tied to his email address, or does he have to enter a code, or ?? I need to know if I'll have to sign up for the preorder under his info.

LOL I just tried playing Dark side of the moon through my iBook... It lost 75% of the music. Most of the album was just silence. I've gotta say, these are the worst speakers I've ever seen.

Yeah, love it for liquid cooling. It's not so nice for air though, the plate makes most 120MM coolers incompatible. The only one I was able to fit was an HR-01+.

Oh god marching band camp is finally done. Marching for 8 hours a day in inch deep water isn't too fun. Did make friends with some of the upperclassmen though.

Back
Top Bottom