Random Chit Chat

I'm all for negative pressure. That's why I need to control their speed.

Three front fans can run pretty slow with the exhausts running high to create the negative pressure inside the case.

The benefit is more efficient cooling.

To create positive internal pressure means to force more air in to the case than remove it but this means you could have a lot of hot air swirling around inside the case waiting to be removed by minimal exhaust fans.

To create a negative pressure means to exhaust more air than you force into the case. This is great cause your forcing in fresh air but your removing it quicker together with any hot air given off by the internal components.

Imagine being sealed in a hot room. You would prefer more exhaust, to get rid of the heat, than lots of fresh air coming in and a piddly little exhaust. Don't get me wrong, you want both but you'll want more exhaust.

This works best with plane side panels giving a perfect front/bottom intake, rear/top exhaust design.

Soo....

cooling.gif

This would be an ideal cooling setup?

I Never really properly understood air cooling, with my old rig i simply had 2 Fans intake, 2 fans exhaust running at the same speeds. Intake On the front and side, Exhaust both at the top. Im taking that my setup wouldnt have been as effective as the diagram above?

Yea you got it.

Instead of using the bottom of the case you'd put two or three fans on the front. My grammar can be bad sometimes.

And i'm not that keen on side fans either. I removed my side fan when I lost my noob status and my CPU idle temps dropped by 2-4'C

Funny how different my cooling setup is applied. All my cold air is drawn from the bottom of the case, and pulled to the top and back to create negative pressure. Unfortunately, none of my fans have enough static pressure to actually create the negative pressure.

I considered the streak, but I thought it would be a bit too big... But as Remeniz said, it depends what you're looking for!

Back
Top Bottom