Random Chit Chat

That's actually not a bad idea. However, there isn't any room to put the duct tape. There's maybe about half an inch between the objects and the edge of the shelf.

Shoot the cat with a squirt gun every time it jumps up there, it will get the hint real quick.

Put some change in an empty soda can and toss it near the shelves when the cat gets up there.

Squirt gun doesn't work, I tried many times with other situations.
I do toss some stuff, however, it is the morning, so I will be tired, and can't throw that well, or I will be too tired and don't want to move.

I was thinking of getting something like acrylic sheets, and find some way to put it over (kind of making it into a display case with a window). I do not know how to make this work though.

The cat has to climb something to get onto the shelf. Cover it with tape. When it finds another way up, tape it. And so on until the cat stops. Then leave it for a couple wells, and remove the tape one spot at a time. If your cat is smart, it will work.

Pick up the cat and throw it across the room
Haha.

or get rid of your gundam dolls
They're not dolls, they're action figures! :p

The cat has to climb something to get onto the shelf. Cover it with tape. When it finds another way up, tape it. And so on until the cat stops. Then leave it for a couple wells, and remove the tape one spot at a time. If your cat is smart, it will work.

She gets up there by getting on top of my desktop desk. So I guess I can just put tape on there overnight, and remove it during the day. I'm gonna try this method. Hopefully she doesn't pick it up and start gnawing it. She doesn't like being taped, but she likes chewing on tape, and possibly eating it (if it's small enough).

What you need to do is make large sheets of tape, then put tape facing the other direction around all four edges. This way you will be able to stick it down so your cat can't chew it. It would be best to use something less sticky for the rim though. I suggest scotch packing tape.

Citrus works on dogs, not so sure about cats. Worth a try, I guess.

The quick solution? Don't let the cat in your room at night. You'll keep your models/action figures safe and keep your computer cleaner all at the same time. It's a win all the way around.

Back
Top Bottom