Random Chit Chat

So, I need to fix my cousin's laptop screen before she goes back to college. From HP, a new screen is $327.75 and a refurbished one is $205.20 (you have to send the defective "core" back or you get charged double). Would you guys recommend just getting a new one...I'm not sure what they mean by refurbished?

Refurbished means it was defective before but they fixed it. If I need something that's not for my main rig I get it refurbished as long as they replace it for free if it goes bad again, which hasn't happened to me yet. So $205.20 vs a new, just buy refurb.

Well it's gotta be the whole assembly then? Cuz the only thing I need to replace is the actual screen. Is the power inverter built in to the whole assembly? I mean, I don't get how they could fix a defective LCD screen (what could wrong besides it cracking if it's JUST the screen?...you can't really replace just the screen without a whole new LCD assembly...ya know). That's why I'm so confused.

My dad managed to fall asleep while driving and rolled our xterra at 60 mph. My seat freaking removed itself from the floor of the car and ended up with me in a heap under it. My right arm is crushed and I have to get surgery to realign the bone and remove bone fragments. Oh and the car along with pretty much everything in it was destroyed.

So yeah, vacation is freaking great.

^ F***! Glad you're still alive, was everyone in the vehicle asleep and do you plan to file anything against Nissan for the seat ejection? At least medical bills or somethin shit

Hey guys... What are those little green boxes that fly around on your screen whenever you attempt to play with a REALLY crappy computer? I made a thread earlier but it never caught on...

My dad managed to fall asleep while driving and rolled our xterra at 60 mph. My seat freaking removed itself from the floor of the car and ended up with me in a heap under it. My right arm is crushed and I have to get surgery to realign the bone and remove bone fragments. Oh and the car along with pretty much everything in it was destroyed.

So yeah, vacation is freaking great.

Wholy crap!!

^ F***! Glad you're still alive, was everyone in the vehicle asleep and do you plan to file anything against Nissan for the seat ejection? At least medical bills or somethin shit

Yeah, everyone was asleep when it happened. And I am thinking that my dad didn't install the seat correctly after we picked up my desk a while back.

Of course this happens the one time I wasn't wearing a seatbelt. No I didn't do it on purpose, we had been out hiking for 20 hours straight, and we ate before we were supposed to go back to the hotel. I fell asleep while my dad was still eating then he must've driven off without realizing.

The crash was so intense that it destroyed my iphone that was in a leather case in my pocket.

sorry if anything I post doesn't make sense, I'm on painkillers right now.

Hey guys... What are those little green boxes that fly around on your screen whenever you attempt to play with a REALLY crappy computer? I made a thread earlier but it never caught on...

Wholy crap!!

Artifacts? Check NB and GPU temps.

Back
Top Bottom