Random Chit Chat

My mom and brother has the LG Neon for free after a 2 year contract, not that great IMO. The touchscreen seems pretty pointless. I decided to pay an extra $20 to get the Samsung Strive instead.

Is there any way to fix a dead (clicking ) hard drive temporarily, because i can earn $20 for getting some info off of my gramp's dead hdd.And he would be quiite happy getting it.- And we al know we are happy being happy.

IT is a Samsung SP0411N 40gb 7200RPM Drive, Thx ahead of time.

my brothers old hdd clicks, its broken, havtn a clue how to fix - so it'd be nice if anyone knows ^^ but tbh i think the disc is cracked or something physical maybe

You could always try the freezer trick. You'd need to get the most important data off first because if it does work, it won't work for long.

If it's VERY important data that must be saved, you'd need to look into replacing parts in the drive IF that is what is causing the problem.

This is all hear-say. I've been around long enough to have heard both of the above a few times but never heard any success rates. Haha.

They normally say for about 30-45 minutes. The idea is to contract the metal inside the drive so that the platters/actuator will stop clicking (hitting) the drive casing.

Guys, it's been like a year, but I'm back! :D

I was on Steam the other night (first time I logged in since last year) and I was a part of the CF Steam group and I remembered :)

wut! CF has a steam group o_O need to join

and, thanks Grant for the time, so i'll try putting it in around that amount and see if it does anything :)

Back
Top Bottom