Random Chit Chat

Can't be as hard as the 'old(!)' PCG-FR315B i'm using right now?

Not sure. This is the smallest notebook that I own, and I've had it for about five years. It's still perfect for my needs and I can't seem to find anything to replace it. Runs insanely hot though.

There is nothing that can compare with servicing an iBook G4. Apple clearly intended to make it impossible to work on, so only their authorized repair people would feel safe enough to touch it.

Never owned an iBook, nor would I buy one. The Sony that I have not only has a smaller footprint, it also feels more durable.

Well think of it like this,you'll only be changing the hardrive once (Hopefully).

Could risk damaging the whole thing. I just might take it in for service instead and have someone else do it.

Can you find a service manual? If you can,it shouldn't be hard at all.

Instruction manual doesn't offer any specific instructions, but I did find this.

I would highly highly NOT recommend trying to take apart the S-series - it's just not worth the headache, and the chances of breaking something are very high.

Not worth it, in my opinion. (And I've had three S-Series and been through this.

There are better, easier to modify/upgrade, and cheaper laptops out there. (ex. HP L2000 / Compaq V2000z)

(That said, your guide is welll done and I commend you on it).

Back
Top Bottom