Random Chit Chat

Is anyone able to follow the who's who going on with PCs_for_the_win and webber22? Because they are like using each others' accounts and talking about each other like they are just some random person they know. My mind almost exploded trying to figure it out.

That used to be somewhat true, but not so much anymore. Dell, HP and all those companies have some pretty competitive computer lineups that make it an easy decision for consumers who don't either know how to put together a computer or just don't care about building one.

From what I've seen, they cheap out on anything not in the advertised specs. Sure you get a phenom II x4 and 8GB of RAM with a 1TB drive, but it often ends up being a Phenom II x4 @2.1GHz or something with like 4x2GB DDR2 800 with abysmal timings and a slow storage drive used as the main drive.

i think that once i get my school bills all caught up an such, im going to get a 5850 an flash it, another 640GB HDD raid 0 it. and get on the look out for 2 more 22in monitors.

From what I've seen, they cheap out on anything not in the advertised specs. Sure you get a phenom II x4 and 8GB of RAM with a 1TB drive, but it often ends up being a Phenom II x4 @2.1GHz or something with like 4x2GB DDR2 800 with abysmal timings and a slow storage drive used as the main drive.

Like I said, it's still an easy decision for consumers who don't care.

Some people just want a computer for a reasonable price and Dell/HP/Gateway all offer reasonably priced computers with decent hardware. Just because they don't cater to our standards doesn't mean it sucks.

lol our standerds...

anyways, got myself a new PC desk! woot! still have to assemble the hutch tho...

To Your Battle Stations!

098f2880.jpg

Perfect use for my cases top fan

lol our standerds...

anyways, got myself a new PC desk! woot! still have to assemble the hutch tho...

To Your Battle Stations!

Perfect use for my cases top fan

What kind of desk did you get? I got a new one too, but it won't be put together for a couple of days since I am still painting my room. Well that and because it weighs 300 pounds, so I am definitely gonna need some help putting it together.

Is that rice on your computer? Lol wut? I've seen people cook eggs on macbooks and Steak on GTX 480s, but rice is definitely a first.

Back
Top Bottom