Random Chit Chat

Had to configure the proxy in FF. Got it now.

Does it make it look like I'm all over the world in multiple places at once?

What settings are you using? As long as you are running OpenVPN as an administrator, you shouldn't need to change your Firefox proxy settings (unless you had a proxy there previously). My server isn't running a Socks proxy (or a HTTP Proxy, for that matter)

So the instant I started OVPN it was connected?

It's a little slower than my connection. If I was on a faster connection, it would not be very noticeable.

It's 208.116.25.48, just as it says in OVPN.

I'm a doofus not to realize that I was connected.

Is this service always available or is this an experiment? If the latter, what are you working on?

I'm not saying you're a dufus. You could be connected, but not have your internet traffic being routed through my server.

It should be fairly reliable - Although it is a bit of an experiment at the moment. I'm planning on launching a service where people pay... $1 or $2 a month to access my VPN, and be able to have their browsing encrypted so that when using a public hotspot etc they are not made vulnerable. Also, since it's an American IP, people from outside the US can watch site's like Hulu, etc.

If it becomes popular, I might launch a UK Based VPN server.

Ever heard of Tor? It does what your talking about, only for free. Makes you look like you're all over the world at multiple locations at once. Pretty effective. Also encrypts.

www.torproject.org

Well, if you could do a speedtest without using my VPN, and then a speedtest with my VPN in use, it would be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom