Random Chit Chat

Sorry to hear that dude. Something like that happened to my dad too.

One day someone from American Express called and asked if my dad spent $1900 at some stores in New York and wanted to verify. My dad was just like, "...what?!" He explained to them that someone probably stole his credit card number or something cause he's never been to NY, nor does he have the time or the money. I think American Express started their own fraud investigation and just cancelled my dad's card and sent him a new one.

It sucked, but American Express was very good about it.

Yeah. They've cancelled the card, and I want to ask them who the watch shop is because I want to call them and thank them. They are the ones who apparently tipped Discover off when they called because it sounded like such an over the top order. Discover has been good about it so far. I think we'll be paying with cash for a while now, again, unless it's a machine tended by the customer (i.e. NOT restaurants and places that take your card and then bring it back). I'm usually good about that, but my parents aren't. I've also got to get my dad to stop phone ordering sh*t. He thinks that is MORE secure than the internet. Which, I don't think it is because the person on the other end can just write down all your info!

Yeah. They've cancelled the card, and I want to ask them who the watch shop is because I want to call them and thank them. They are the ones who apparently tipped Discover off when they called because it sounded like such an over the top order. Discover has been good about it so far. I think we'll be paying with cash for a while now, again, unless it's a machine tended by the customer (i.e. NOT restaurants and places that take your card and then bring it back). I'm usually good about that, but my parents aren't. I've also got to get my dad to stop phone ordering sh*t. He thinks that is MORE secure than the internet. Which, I don't think it is because the person on the other end can just write down all your info!

I'd have to agree with you about the phone thing. I just don't trust the other people.

When I first used my discover I set off a fraud alert on it... I guess a $500 purchase on the egg as a first-buy with the card isn't normal... Either way, they called me, I confirmed it was me and everything was all squared away. Real friendly people, but nice to know that they are watching out for us.

Bottom line, right now, you seem to be ok. Discover helped out before damage was done on that card. As a safe measure I'd cancel the other cards as well just.

I'd have to agree with you about the phone thing. I just don't trust the other people.

When I first used my discover I set off a fraud alert on it... I guess a $500 purchase on the egg as a first-buy with the card isn't normal... Either way, they called me, I confirmed it was me and everything was all squared away. Real friendly people, but nice to know that they are watching out for us.

Bottom line, right now, you seem to be ok. Discover helped out before damage was done on that card. As a safe measure I'd cancel the other cards as well just.

I'm glad that you had a good experience. They've always been real kind. We use it as our main card. I mean, I always purchase my orders at the Egg on it, so they do get quite a bit of "cash flow" from us, so to speak.

By canceling the other cards, do you mean the other Discover cards, or all of our other credit cards? If it's the first, they all are canceled as each member of my family had a card but with the same exact account number (so they canceled all of them, of course, since they are all technically the "same card").

Oh. My. God.

Anyone remember wen my brother's power supply blew like a month ago? Well I finally got the new one in from svc.com, opened the box, and they sent me a friggin 460w dual-rail cooler master pos instead of a 600w gamexstream. The thing weighs absolutely nothing, has no cable sleeving, only has one pci-e adapter, and is basically crappy looking all-around. I need the thing to run two G92-based cards, so this simply will not work.

Wtf now?

Oh. My. God.

Anyone remember wen my brother's power supply blew like a month ago? Well I finally got the new one in from svc.com, opened the box, and they sent me a friggin 460w dual-rail cooler master pos instead of a 600w gamexstream. The thing weighs absolutely nothing, has no cable sleeving, only has one pci-e adapter, and is basically crappy looking all-around. I need the thing to run two G92-based cards, so this simply will not work.

Wtf now?

Contact SVC. Sounds like they just accidentally mixed up your order. Nothing less, nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom