Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #10731
Solid State Member
 
Jasthn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslfish View Post
Don't you have a Pac Man shirt?
Yes. T-shirt, hoodie, and I used to have some Pacman candy. I even found a backpack that I want to buy, and a pacman energy drink.
__________________

Jasthn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #10732
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
Sorry to hear that dude. Something like that happened to my dad too.

One day someone from American Express called and asked if my dad spent $1900 at some stores in New York and wanted to verify. My dad was just like, "...what?!" He explained to them that someone probably stole his credit card number or something cause he's never been to NY, nor does he have the time or the money. I think American Express started their own fraud investigation and just cancelled my dad's card and sent him a new one.

It sucked, but American Express was very good about it.
Yeah. They've cancelled the card, and I want to ask them who the watch shop is because I want to call them and thank them. They are the ones who apparently tipped Discover off when they called because it sounded like such an over the top order. Discover has been good about it so far. I think we'll be paying with cash for a while now, again, unless it's a machine tended by the customer (i.e. NOT restaurants and places that take your card and then bring it back). I'm usually good about that, but my parents aren't. I've also got to get my dad to stop phone ordering sh*t. He thinks that is MORE secure than the internet. Which, I don't think it is because the person on the other end can just write down all your info!
__________________

dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:39 PM   #10733
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,676
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_56013 View Post
Yeah. They've cancelled the card, and I want to ask them who the watch shop is because I want to call them and thank them. They are the ones who apparently tipped Discover off when they called because it sounded like such an over the top order. Discover has been good about it so far. I think we'll be paying with cash for a while now, again, unless it's a machine tended by the customer (i.e. NOT restaurants and places that take your card and then bring it back). I'm usually good about that, but my parents aren't. I've also got to get my dad to stop phone ordering sh*t. He thinks that is MORE secure than the internet. Which, I don't think it is because the person on the other end can just write down all your info!


I'd have to agree with you about the phone thing. I just don't trust the other people.

When I first used my discover I set off a fraud alert on it... I guess a $500 purchase on the egg as a first-buy with the card isn't normal... Either way, they called me, I confirmed it was me and everything was all squared away. Real friendly people, but nice to know that they are watching out for us.

Bottom line, right now, you seem to be ok. Discover helped out before damage was done on that card. As a safe measure I'd cancel the other cards as well just.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #10734
Fully Optimized
 
dude_56013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 4,262
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
I'd have to agree with you about the phone thing. I just don't trust the other people.

When I first used my discover I set off a fraud alert on it... I guess a $500 purchase on the egg as a first-buy with the card isn't normal... Either way, they called me, I confirmed it was me and everything was all squared away. Real friendly people, but nice to know that they are watching out for us.

Bottom line, right now, you seem to be ok. Discover helped out before damage was done on that card. As a safe measure I'd cancel the other cards as well just.
I'm glad that you had a good experience. They've always been real kind. We use it as our main card. I mean, I always purchase my orders at the Egg on it, so they do get quite a bit of "cash flow" from us, so to speak.

By canceling the other cards, do you mean the other Discover cards, or all of our other credit cards? If it's the first, they all are canceled as each member of my family had a card but with the same exact account number (so they canceled all of them, of course, since they are all technically the "same card").
dude_56013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #10735
meh.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 9,629
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Oh. My. God.

Anyone remember wen my brother's power supply blew like a month ago? Well I finally got the new one in from svc.com, opened the box, and they sent me a friggin 460w dual-rail cooler master pos instead of a 600w gamexstream. The thing weighs absolutely nothing, has no cable sleeving, only has one pci-e adapter, and is basically crappy looking all-around. I need the thing to run two G92-based cards, so this simply will not work.

Wtf now?
__________________
Account no longer active. Contact info available in profile, if anyone cares to reach me.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:46 PM   #10736
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
Oh. My. God.

Anyone remember wen my brother's power supply blew like a month ago? Well I finally got the new one in from svc.com, opened the box, and they sent me a friggin 460w dual-rail cooler master pos instead of a 600w gamexstream. The thing weighs absolutely nothing, has no cable sleeving, only has one pci-e adapter, and is basically crappy looking all-around. I need the thing to run two G92-based cards, so this simply will not work.

Wtf now?
Contact SVC. Sounds like they just accidentally mixed up your order. Nothing less, nothing more.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 09:53 PM   #10737
meh.
 
foothead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 9,629
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino View Post
Contact SVC. Sounds like they just accidentally mixed up your order. Nothing less, nothing more.
Yeah I know. It's just ridiculous that it took them so long to get the thing shipped, then this happens. Ugh my brother is freaking out right now.
__________________
Account no longer active. Contact info available in profile, if anyone cares to reach me.
foothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:51 PM   #10738
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

I'm just glad I live close by them. It's a 20 minute drive to their office.
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:28 AM   #10739
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

^^^^^^^ Miata Whore!???

2010?
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 12:41 AM   #10740
Golden Master
 
alvino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 19,967
Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JogaBonito1502 View Post
^^^^^^^ Miata Whore!???

2010?
Wut?
__________________

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0