Random Chit Chat

Anyone else notice that the Computer Enthusiast who build their pc's and treat them like their child, their pc dies within the first few months/years Compared to the un technologically advanced person who bought a crappy 400 eMachines over 6 years ago... that still runs fine to this day

Anyone else notice that the Computer Enthusiast who build their pc's and treat them like their child, their pc dies within the first few months/years Compared to the un technologically advanced person who bought a crappy 400 eMachines over 6 years ago... that still runs fine to this day

Not really. If any of my PCs die it's usually because I was too lazy to do anything about it.. but every PC I've ever built for somebody else or a paying customer still works to this day, with the exception of the guy who left his PC plugged in without a surge protector while a thunder storm was going on.. couldn't exactly blame that one on me, heh.

Funny how that works. People say "don't buy that computer from so and so computers, it's crap". Years later, it's still chugging along doing everything the user needs. Go figure.

Mines die quicker because I mess the BIOS (flashing and OC), and I open it up to clean, make it nicer, or find some way to improve (new parts, change thermal, etc). I will make an error once in awhile where I will need to buy new parts. Whereas the people that just buys a computer never messes with any of these.

Funny how that works. People say "don't buy that computer from so and so computers, it's crap". Years later, it's still chugging along doing everything the user needs. Go figure.

Indeed. Dells, HPs, eMachines.. as far as being reliable goes, provided they are in a well ventilated area, they seem to keep running for many years.

The only reason my friend's eMachines computer died is because it went 5 years without being opened even once, so dust caused it to over heat, and this machine was left on for months at a time.

The only reason I would tell somebody to go custom instead of brand is because of software bloat and in some cases because of upgrading not being an option.

Jesus Christ, Avatar is good. The audio and visuals are just astounding. Gave my small home theater system quite the workout today.

Which film was that?

The Hurt Locker. Really good film...if you haven't seen it, I recommend it.

^ I know right. I still don't understand how a movie that made $2.5b loses to a movie that made $16m in the Best Picture Oscar.

Because Avatar is essentially a rehashed version of Pocahontas. There is no form of storytelling. The visuals and CGI are amazing, but it takes more than that to win Best Picture.

I'll take a look into that movie. Looking at the nominees, I would have thought that "UP" could have had a good chance of winning. That movie, undoubtedly, has a very strong and touching plot for sure.

Back
Top Bottom