Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-13-2010, 10:40 AM   #10451
meh.

Default Re: Random Chit Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
I'm curious where you got those numbers from. Usually the Red Cross does much better at keeping their promises which is why I'm doubting those figures.
I got it from the radio. They seem to have gotten it from here. http://iphone.cbsnews.com/site?t=wTn...sid=cbsnews_ip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remeniz View Post
JC! *wipes sweat*

So what's next?

EDIT: If you have a Macro function on the camera, use it.
Iphone = terrible camera. I took a good macro with my e410 but my computer is pretty much disassembled.

Do you mean what's next with the case, or with video card hoarding?

Old 05-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #10452
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by foothead View Post
I got it from the radio. They seem to have gotten it from here. http://iphone.cbsnews.com/site?t=wTn...sid=cbsnews_ip
Wow... That's just sad. I was hoping it would be from some un-creditable source.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:52 AM   #10453
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Iphone = terrible camera. I took a good macro with my e410 but my computer is pretty much disassembled.

Do you mean what's next with the case, or with video card hoarding?
Both. I'm starting to get into Pro Studio equipment right now and I can see my hoarding a lot of it. In fact i'd love to build a valve mic preamp using nice valves and audio transformers.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:00 AM   #10454
meh.

Lol well idk what GPUs I am gonna get soon. Definitely a 5970 when the price comes down a bit more, and I am waiting for an uber cheap 9500 to do some physx tests. Other than that, idk.

Tonight, I am gonna try to get a new dremel to cut some cable management holes, and most likely shave a little off the mobo tray. I might use an old case to build a divider between the top and bottom compartments, still deciding on that one.

Other than that, part searching. I need grey cable sleeving that is not uber overpriced, a new side panel so I can do a custom window, and maroon tubing.

Everything else is not too hard to find.

What 3x140mm rads are there? I was able to find the MC-RADI420 and the black ice SR1. I kinda wanted something wider than 120mm so it fills up the front of the case a bit better.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:31 AM   #10455
Fully Optimized

Quote:
What 3x140mm rads are there? I was able to find the MC-RADI420 and the black ice SR1. I kinda wanted something wider than 120mm so it fills up the front of the case a bit better.
Here we go...

And here.

Gotta say Foothead. Thats a pretty good cooling idea - to have one long rad down the front of the case.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:48 AM   #10456
meh.

Quote:
Here we go...

And here.

Gotta say Foothead. Thats a pretty good cooling idea - to have one long rad down the front of the case.
Sweet. The GTS 420 is perfect. 460mm leaves about 13mm of space under it, so I could throw in a laptop DVD burner underneath.

I thought that this was a pretty common thing. Is it not?

Ummm... Grille covering the rad - mesh or vertical bars? i was thinking some vertical chrome bars would look epic. Or black. I am kinda undecided.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:13 PM   #10457
Fully Optimized

I'd say make your own to fit the front, from top to bottom, of your case.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:19 PM   #10458
meh.

Quote:
I'd say make your own to fit the front, from top to bottom, of your case.
That is what I intend to do, I am just indecisive on how I want to do it.

I think the best looking one would be a metal arch on top, with 9 or 11 chromed bars extending down. On either side of the arch, I would put the fan controller knobs, and the power button would be on top.

idk if you can figure out what I am talking about from that, I'll make a picture if you need.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #10459
Fully Optimized

Quote:
That is what I intend to do, I am just indecisive on how I want to do it.

I think the best looking one would be a metal arch on top, with 9 or 11 chromed bars extending down. On either side of the arch, I would put the fan controller knobs, and the power button would be on top.

idk if you can figure out what I am talking about from that, I'll make a picture if you need.
Kinda like this....

Old 05-13-2010, 12:42 PM   #10460
meh.

Yes! Like that, except the power button will be right in the middle , above the grille, and the fan controller knobs will be where you drew the arrows.

What do you think?