Random Chit Chat

I believe processor temp. is relevant to brand and model. 70C could be normal on one but overheat on another. GPU's now have a max temp. of ~88C (like my new RTX 2060). ~9 years ago it was ~105C (like my still owned old GTX 480). GPU's are processing units like CPU's. Roses are red.

I turned my i5 box into Android x86. The OS is installed on the SSD and the darn thing takes forever to boot.

Wonder why but what the hell, it's my experimenting box.

Last edited:
Broke down and bought a newer car this week. Was driving a 2006 Pontiac G6 with 185K miles on it. Bought a 2018 Chevrolet Impala. Nice car, used but in brand new condition with less than 3K miles on it.

It's the fanciest car I've ever owned with leather seats, climate control and power everything. It even has a heated steering wheel!

Gave the Pontiac to my daughter so she could get rid of her 2012 Nissan Versa which she hated. I bought the Pontiac in 2009 and have been real happy with it, still runs strong.

Last edited:
Nice. But, hey, I drove a 2012 Versa hatchback for three years and 195K miles and it was a good car.

She's had lots of problems with that car. Had to replace the tranny at around 70K (damn CV transmission couldn't be rebuilt). She also had some problems with the engine. The only positive thing to say about her Versa was that it got decent gas mileage.

YouTube video of a car exactly like the one I bought: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTiAjCeuqQ0

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom