Random Chit Chat

I see.

By the way, my brother is one user of a quad core hyperthreaded i7 and the CPU does go over 80's under stress. He's an A/V editor who hammers the CPU. That's worse than DVD ripping. He "had" been on it for at least 4 years or so. The CPU didn't give up and worked very well. However, the dedicated video card's fan failed and the GPU burned haha, and had the whole laptop replaced for free. That's why I said "had". How ironic. Many other users are there too but my brother is the best example. Pre-8th gen. HQ suffixed i7's on laptops are 4/8.

Remember my thread asking about Intel vs. AMD? You settled it even more. No AMD for me if that's how they are made. I asked many questions for that, sorry about that.

.Guess so. It's also possible it is because where I live we have a big common ground; less diversity which means less disagreements and confrontations. Tho I did have my share in a religious forum I used to be in before that also adopted political correction thoughts. Crazy stuff and angry people. I swear, it had a habit to stun me I thought I was the only understanding person in the world. I left it for my health.
There is no diversity in Argentina. And no one gives a damn about religion except for old ladies, so those are not really issues here. We still have our fair share of confrontations.
Still, I find it incredible that our oceans are filling with plastic, the Middle East is still at war, child labor, slavery, hunger everywhere, species go extinct every day, and everything you hear about is the inexistent gender pay gap and Louis CK saying the wrong thing during a comedy special. How stupid are we?

You haven't yet figured it out AMD? Humans are the worst animal on this planet.

SG, all CPUs are made this way including Intel but Intel has better architecture.

You haven't yet figured it out AMD? Humans are the worst animal on this planet.

SG, all CPUs are made this way including Intel but Intel has better architecture.
I'd say that humans are the only animal that has the ability to he stupid, evil and selfish, and too many exploit that potential as much as they can and get away with it. Even better, they convince others to do it as well. We really are the f* worst.

Hey,hey,hey!! My video card came in today!! Installed with no issues and it does have the drivers for w10 64 bit!! So far no issues at all. Can't wait to see how it acts in w10!!

Yeah, sometimes I wish I never existed in this world. Or even sleep and never wake up if it weren't for the sake of my family and those who care about me at this point. They would cry rivers and break.

Some other times I see stuff that makes me think the world still has some good in it and I feel relieved. But honestly the pessimistic part above is the bigger part of it :(

Anyway, I upgraded my video card to an RTX 2060. A high performance 2019 video card on a 2012 build. Gotta say, the build is still holding up with it without much bottlenecking. RTX 2060 is a GTX 1070 Ti - 1080 tier. And BTW, 2060 has a 192bit memory interface and even 1070 (not the Ti or 1080) has 256bit. Image quality is the same yet 2060 has new techniques to give better image. Performance is better on 2060.

That's the spirit! Just because you can do it, doesn't necessarily mean you should do it :p

Even I feel I rushed. The older card is still doing fine at 720p near 60fps. But I guess now I have an upgrade for my standby computer (with GTX 480). Or should I sell it? I don't think it will be worth a selling here, tho.

Indeed. Yet it puzzles me how expensive it is online. On Amazon the MSI is $210 USD and the EVGA is $270 USD (I have 2 680's). Couldn't find closed auctions on Ebay but cheapest is $52 USD with 4 days left bidding the time I type this.

The MSI is the one working perfect and it's the 4GB version. What I found on Amazon is the 2GB version:
https://www.amazon.com/MSI-N680GTX-...e=UTF8&qid=1550670655&sr=1-9&keywords=gtx+680

The EVGA is the one I bought used and turned out damaged somewhere (but working).

I believe the MSI will give my standby build a good refresh for 720p60 and even 1080p60 with the older games I play with my cousins. That build is in the gathering place at my cousin's.

Back
Top Bottom