Random Chit Chat

It's the R3 2200G APU I got rid of. It has Vegas 8 graphics.

It does real good for budget system but I didn't expect to get hot on ripping DVDs. If I were not ripping DVDs I'd still be using it.

Did you get rid of it because it gets hot ripping DVD's? Any processor gets hot doing anything. They are designed like this. You could have just kept using it until it gives up instead of wasting money ;)

Have you guys seen the new Gillette ad?

https://youtu.be/koPmuEyP3a0

Damn. Some crazy stuff going down in the marketing world.

I think it's a meaningless advert to give a common sense message in the end. The sarcastic "oh yeah, what's your first clue?" kinda message. I'm talking impartially, BTW.

I think looking deep into it is a waste of time and health. Why don't just ignore it?

I'm confused. Is it offensive or okay? Maybe the part where a man touches a woman in the kitchen is inappropriate for an advert is all I can see.

I think it's a meaningless advert to give a common sense message in the end. The sarcastic "oh yeah, what's your first clue?" kinda message. I'm talking impartially, BTW [...] (Had to cut it short because Tapatalk is garbage)
Lol, f* no. It's offensive to men. The ad is supposed to address "toxic masculinity." In doing so it was designed as if every guy was a freaking caveman. What the hell is the scene with all the guys saying "boys will be boys" as two kids beat each other up? How many times did you actually see something like that?
And you have all the "progressive" morons saying, "oh, it just wants us to be better, what's the big deal? Lol Ben Shapiro talks fast so what he says must be true." Just makes me want to strangle them.
Oh, it worked. Major backlash against Gillette, and their CEO basically said "Let them eat cake."
Yeah, but they still remove comments and dislikes from the video every other day. I don't think they are so above it as they claim. Even some people who believe in the existence of 74 genders are against it.

Lol, f* no. It's offensive to men. The ad is supposed to address "toxic masculinity." In doing so it was designed as if every guy was a freaking caveman. What the hell is the scene with all the guys saying "boys will be boys" as two kids beat each other up? How many times did you actually see something like that?
And you have all the "progressive" morons saying, "oh, it just wants us to be better, what's the big deal? Lol Ben Shapiro talks fast so what he says must be true." Just makes me want to strangle them.

Interesting. It didn't tick me, really. I don't consider myself sexist or feminist - or of any political correction group actually. Maybe that's why? I'm not saying you are, I'm just wondering. Perhaps they addressed specific kinds of men? Every group/gender/religion/etc. have their crazies and goody two shoes after all.

Ha, and I thought you guys though the video was offensive to women.

Last edited:
SG, the CPU ran too hot. It was hitting over 80C. My new CPU, the R5 2600 only ran in the 60Cs finishing the job.

I've read that the Ryzen CPUs are a luck of the draw. Sometime you'll get a good CPU (like my R5 2600) or you can get a crappy one (like my R3 2200G)

Interesting. It didn't tick me, really. I don't consider myself sexist or feminist - or of any political correction group actually. Maybe that's why? I'm not saying you are, I'm just wondering. Perhaps they addressed specific kinds of men? Every group/gender/religion/etc. have their crazies and goody two shoes after all.

Ha, and I thought you guys though the video was offensive to women.

Maybe you haven't been exposed to as much stupidity as we have.

SG, the CPU ran too hot. It was hitting over 80C. My new CPU, the R5 2600 only ran in the 60Cs finishing the job.

I've read that the Ryzen CPUs are a luck of the draw. Sometime you'll get a good CPU (like my R5 2600) or you can get a crappy one (like my R3 2200G)

You mean it was a defective CPU? I don't think all R3 2600 are like that, or else that temp is a normal thing. Hmm, makes sense. Guess that's back again to the point of AMD losing quality. Maybe it's because they are focused on the consoles' processors in the last decade. Even their video cards lost their touch in the high-end market. I would've just used it normally until it gave out. Better than just replace it and lose it early.

Maybe you haven't been exposed to as much stupidity as we have.

Guess so. It's also possible it is because where I live we have a big common ground; less diversity which means less disagreements and confrontations. Tho I did have my share in a religious forum I used to be in before that also adopted political correction thoughts. Crazy stuff and angry people. I swear, it had a habit to stun me I thought I was the only understanding person in the world. I left it for my health.

SG, it's not that it's defective. It's how it's made. All Ryzen CPUs start out as 8 core 16 thread models. After stressing them in tests and killing off unstable cores some of them are not symmetrical.

That affects performance/stability so the closer you get get to 8 cores the better. The 4 core models are a crapshoot. You get half the CPU and most likely unbalanced.

You ever get 3,5 or 7 core CPU? Nope, you get one bad core and they kill off a good core in symmetry. What if you get two bad cores? They may not be in symmetry.

That can be a problem unless they kill off two cores in symmetry. What about 3 bad cores? Toss it, they're not making dual core jobs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom