Random Chit Chat

Look at the written language. Most languages uses the letters of this alphabet written here. This is one point of origin. Other written languages like Arabic, Russian and Chinese are different.

SG has a good grasp of our written language and does very well.

Just to let you know, that doesn't mean Arabic is a romance language :rolleyes:

I think that, if anything, this would make Spanish a Semitic language [emoji14]

Look at the written language. Most languages uses the letters of this alphabet written here. This is one point of origin. Other written languages like Arabic, Russian and Chinese are different.

Yeah, there are lots of different writing systems. The Latin alphabet is just one of them, which was only used in Europe and then it spread to the rest of the areas that use it. For example, the Guarani language didn't have a writing system, and when the language was first documented by Jesuits, and they used the Latin alphabet because that's the one they knew. It's safe to assume that Guarani has no common point of origin with English or French.

Some say the common numbers used around the world (for example these suckers: 123456) are actually Arabic, not English.

Kabylians-numbers.png
The number of angles. Is that made up?

I read that about the number of angles recently as well SG but did a little research and found that it is just made up, the symbols various shapes have nothing to do with counting angles.

Some say the common numbers used around the world (for example these suckers: 123456) are actually Arabic, not English.

I'm pretty sure they are not English, but I'm not sure if they are Arabic. I know there is something about the decimal system that originated in India or Saudi Arabia. Maybe the number 0? I don't remember perfectly. I do know there are a few important additions that were made by Indians and nearby countries, such as Saudi Arabia.

SG has a good grasp of our written language and does very well.

Not to brag (this specific point is not really brag worthy in the first place), I can even type English faster than Arabic!

Arabic is crazy, I tell ya. It's enough to mention it's written from right to left. And why the heck do I have to use Shift key to type a freaken basic letter?!?! :eek:

I read that about the number of angles recently as well SG but did a little research and found that it is just made up, the symbols various shapes have nothing to do with counting angles.

Even I am not convinced really. Using the number of lines and in a clear way would make more sense to me, if we forget about zero for now. And lying nature of the main stream media is something to consider here too.

I'm pretty sure they are not English, but I'm not sure if they are Arabic. I know there is something about the decimal system that originated in India or Saudi Arabia. Maybe the number 0? I don't remember perfectly. I do know there are a few important additions that were made by Indians and nearby countries, such as Saudi Arabia.

Quite understandable.

I think it's Indian. They have a vast heritage to at least come up with something like the zero. Arabs have their share in similar stuff too, but I don't think as big as Indians. But I'm just throwing a wild guess really.

ِAlso from the back of my head (if that's the right expression), the numbers Arabs formally use now are said to be originally Indian. How's that for more confusion?

And BTW, Saudi Arabia is just one part of the Arabian Peninsula, albeit the vast major part of it. Not to mention it's like no more than 300 years old. That's not even comparable to Islam alone which is ~1440 years old and Arabs go ages before that. If anything originates from Saudi Arabia it's Kabsa:
Z
:D

Well, I didn't know the peninsula was simply called Arabia. I never heard anyone saying just Arabia. Good stuff.

The picture is broken. Based on the recipe, Kabsa is something I'd eat. Except maybe for all the cinnamon. What's up with that?

No idea. I'm not a fan of that dish myself :D
But that's probably and addition from the chef. It could be an overdose by the chef to play around with the flavor.

No idea. I'm not a fan of that dish myself :D
But that's probably and addition from the chef. It could be an overdose by the chef to play around with the flavor.
Maybe the reason was that she was just making a lot of it, I didn't pay attention to proportions.

I can't believe you don't like the dish. You should be ashamed. I hope no one finds out about this.

Back
Top Bottom