Random Chit Chat

I got me some of these flies sticking tape traps. Four of them caught only three flies. There are no fly infestation here but I thought it would catch more and it's true only one fly bothered me since I installed them more than two weeks ago.

fly-tape.jpg

41TXQGuRFnL.jpg

Perhaps I should've put some bait on it?

How come? You could just make inmates work for free.
Laws about slave labor.

They say it cost more to execute prisoners than it is to support them for life.

I find that odd. It only cost 50 cents to put a bullet in their head.
it's all the legal works, last minute stays of execution appeals, re-running trials etc. not a bad thing, in the slim case that I was found guilty and sentenced to death I'd want at least one more attempt to prove my innocence!

As for death penalty costs, ours has been criticized heavily by human rights and its followers. It's a lightening fast hit to the neck with an extra ordinarily sharp sword that cuts everything from the back of the neck to the ground in a split second delivering no pain at all or at worst cases a bug sting. My take is that it would look barbaric and inhumane but is it really? I think the way it is performed is what gives it a bad reputation compared to other execution methods.

Again, please don't hate. This method is created to deliver the most painless death,

I don't want people to suffer, but... if a bad person experiences a little bit of pain at the last moment on their lives, then two things.
1, It's probably a better deterrent against committing crimes - there would be not better deterrent than a blood curdling scream.

2, Fuck it, they'll be dead soon anyway.

Ok but still, it's been out for 40 years so it really doesn't count.

Although I have to say, the guillotine is just perfect.
It's use was abolished in 1981 the star wars trilogy was mostly complete then!

on the simillar subject of possibly dying for crimes, what do you think of police instructions not to pursue motor cyclists / scooter riders with the reason being that they (the criminal who doesn't stop for the police) tend to do something in the pursuit that is dangerous and may end their lives in their effort to get away?

I ran into that thing back a few years ago. Those bikers kept trying to becoming a hood ornament!! Cops would chase but the bikers would take to the woods along paths. One almost died by me when he jumped in front of me!! Damned dangerous if you ask my!

Laws about slave labor.
Oh so they are willing to commit murder and lock people up, but slavery is a big no-no?

I don't want people to suffer, but... if a bad person experiences a little bit of pain at the last moment on their lives, then two things.
1, It's probably a better deterrent against committing crimes - there would be not better deterrent than a blood curdling scream.

2, Fuck it, they'll be dead soon anyway.
I agree, but it's all very grey. There is really no right answer.
It's use was abolished in 1981 the star wars trilogy was mostly complete then!
The other day I found something like this. This is not the same, but it's the same idea: http://www.majorten.com/shocking/things-happened-at-the-same-time/
Things like the Auschwitz camp and McDonald's happening simultaneously, which are true. In fact, McDonald's appeared first.
on the simillar subject of possibly dying for crimes, what do you think of police instructions not to pursue motor cyclists / scooter riders with the reason being that they (the criminal who doesn't stop for the police) tend to do something in the pursuit that is dangerous and may end their lives in their effort to get away?
At first sight it seems ridiculous. It isn't though. People can get overly nervous and make mistakes that end up being worse than the punishment of their actual crimes.
It's better to leave a killer free than to convict an innocent man.

Back
Top Bottom