Random Chit Chat

Here in the US, it seems that the posted speed limit is merely a suggestion to most drivers as it seems to be largely ignored. In my town, the speed limit is typically 45mph with plenty of stoplights. My observation is that most drivers drive closer to 55 than 45, then you have those that drive 30mph.

I am one of those that actually drives the speed limit and I even set my cruise control to it. I get passed by the drivers going 55 yet end up next to them at the next stoplight since speeding doesn't really seem to buy them anything.

So do you drive the speed limit or completely ignore it?

My car is a company vehicle which is equipped with a GPS transmitter, both as an insurance requirement as well as a monitoring function. If I exceed the posted speed limit by more than 10mph by manager gets an email, but I have to maintain that >10 for a mile or two so as to give me the ability to pass or if coming down a steep incline. If my speed goes over by more than 20 them my manager, her manager, and the fleet manager all get an email and my ass goes into a sling.

Since I have driven under this for so long I find myself doing the same in our personal vehicle as well. LEOs seldom bother if you are within 10 of the limit and are traveling with traffic.

Here in town its 40mph. Now getting all the slow pokes to move at all is the headache!! Around here they don't read English or just don't give a damn.. Every once in awhile i find some that really know how to drive, And can read too!! But i think we are a dying breed....

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

The games on my phone are getting to be boring. With only a touch screen there's not much choice in games. Yes there are action and arcade games to be had but on a touch screen? No, I can't handle that.

I have games on my PC too but only keyboard and mouse for controls. More limitations.

I love to play video games. :cool:

I remembered the retro games like the Atari 2600, NES and Sega and I missed them. I had an idea and boy, was I in for a surprise.

I went to Amazon to look up retro gaming consoles. Wow, they're here and you don't even have to buy game cartridges (remember them?) They're all built in and you can download more roms.

Then I noticed the handhelds. Now that's what I want and I looked through them and did researches on other sites and YouTube and I finally got one picked out.

I almost went for the $70 one but I picked this instead. I'll have it Monday.

https://www.amazon.com/CZT-Handheld...20364&sr=8-17&keywords=handheld+game+consoles

Not so sure that its much bigger than what the phone is.

No it's not but it has controllers just like an arcade game console. Also I can play it in bed before sleeping. It's relaxing.

Get this, my card was denied at Amazon. I thought I was too early even though I have a balance showing the amount of my check. This morning my card was denied at the grocery store.

WTF is this ??

I went to my bank and they told me that my card is locked because of a fraudulent purchase. I turned in the card and they shredded it. I'll have a new one in a week.

They said the purchase was made at Novarris Fashion Trading Post in India for $156. That place does not have a web site.

Really? Hmm... now how did they get my number?

My account seems ok but I drew all but $22 out just for safety. I have another check tomorrow and it'll have to stay in the account for the automatic payments.

That is making me nervous.

Turned out it does have a web site, it's called Jabong dot com.

Looks like I'm gonna lose my Prime for a while.

My sis gave me her debit card so I can get the game console as they are getting low. I'll have it Sunday.

I went around the local stores looking at the consoles. Not much choice and over priced. They don't even have the one I want or that $70 model, just cheapos.

I tell ya, Prime membership does have benefits.

Back
Top Bottom