Random Chit Chat

I should've looked it up. It's American alright but it's a global operation. That surprised me.

Yeah, gotta watch that stuff Root. Hopefully, you're traveling for work so your expenses will be reimbursable.

I don't use taxi's anymore when I travel, use Uber or Lyft. All my work travel is strictly in the US so I have no idea as to whether those services are available in the Philippines though.
yep, travelling for work so they will pay.
I would have used uber, but:
i've turned data roaming off on my phone as it told me i was £5 per MB.

my work phone (with Vodafone) say that the Philipines are outside of their easy roaming £5 a day thing. and it is £3 per MB for the first 3MB and 5 per MB afterwards.
I got as far as turning on roaming, and loading a google search page, that used the fist 3MB (£9 instantly, then the following 6 MB at £5 per MB took me up to £39, which is the phones daily limit.

- so I turned off roaming.

at least work will pay for that too!

I'll get the client to book a taxi for the way back to the airport, or if I have time, I'll walk.

FWIW, when I was working in Colmbia last year, there was Uber, and Uber black, so Uber do operate in the 3rd world.

Amazon is like Ebay in a way as they have other vendors in it. Some will be sold by Amazon and some by other vendors.

Only difference is no bidding.

peesonally I find amazon worse and harder to deal with than eBay. I think a part of that is how Amazon setup, the fact that it had warehouses and sold products means that people trust it, but more and more it is just a series of buy it now type eBay sales, but with little to none of the protections that eBay seem to offer.

Back
Top Bottom