Random Chit Chat

Bearing tight! Seal fit perfect. No leak and stays cool. Running 75w90 lucas synthetic oil. I need to adjust rear brakes up. As for the driveshaft, did that, still don'know which one is bad. Sitting while shifting does 't do it move some and then shift it does it. Just have to wait for it to get worse. Sooner or later it will get bad enough that i can figure out which one is bad.

If one of the u-joints go bad the rest will so just replace them all. I never do just one on my jobs, I do em all and everybody sleep better.

I might just do that. This driveshaft was custom made for my truck. Close to the diesels driveshaft. It don't use the normal u joints though. Its a pain to replace the carrier bearing and the u joint behind it. I had a shop make it for me.

How do you use the term "Hump Day"? To me, it indicates the middle of your work week where there is an equal number of work days ahead of you as there are behind you. In a typical week, "Hump Day" refers to Wednesday, because there are 2 workdays ahead (Thurs, Fri) and 2 behind you, (Mon, Tues).

The reason I bring this up is because this week in the US we will celebrate our Thanksgiving holiday. This holiday always falls on a Thursday and a great many employers give their workers Thursday and Friday off. I have those days off and was talking to another person who also has them off and mentioned that today, Tuesday, was "Hump Day". He disagreed and said that "Hump Day" was ALWAYS Wednesday and couldn't be any other day of the week. I explained that in a 3-day work week, "Hump Day" is Tuesday since there is 1 work day ahead (Wednesday) and one workday behind (Monday).

So who's right in your opinion? Is "Hump Day" ALWAYS on Wednesday or does it vary depending upon the length of the work week?

I thought hump day is when you have sex. :D
I'd expect that from you since you haven't been in the work force since prehistoric times! ;)

BTW, the reason I asked about it is because the guy that was arguing with me was extremely adamant and insistent that the term could not be used to refer to any other day other than Wednesday of a regular M-F work week.

Last edited:
That's great BK_123. Hopefully it's a better alternative to whatever you have available now. Always good to have more choices.

For those of us in the US, what special plans does everyone have for the Thanksgiving holiday? My family will be having dinner at home and avoiding the crowds at the malls and such for the Black Friday shenanigans.

This year is significant for us as it will mark the first Thanksgiving where not all of our kids will be present. Our oldest son moved to Texas last year and will not be coming home for Thanksgiving. The other 3 kids will be here though.

Back
Top Bottom