Random Chit Chat

So, how good is an overclocked Core 2 Duo E6600 from 2.4GHz to 3GHz?

Not bad. I have such a setup.

if it's anything like the e8400 (3ghz stock c2d) not terrible. i've put one in my mom's kitchen computer with an ssd and 8gb of ram and she hasn't complained yet. idk if it would play games from today, but probably could play portal with a middling gpu. she mainly uses it for keeping 30 chrome tabs open and 3-4 MS word or excell docs open for days at a time, and it's still pretty snappy.

also, if you're going to overclock something, you might as well pick up a used e8400. i was able to find some for less than $10, so basically impulse purchase territory....

if it's anything like the e8400 (3ghz stock c2d) not terrible. i've put one in my mom's kitchen computer with an ssd and 8gb of ram and she hasn't complained yet. idk if it would play games from today, but probably could play portal with a middling gpu. she mainly uses it for keeping 30 chrome tabs open and 3-4 MS word or excell docs open for days at a time, and it's still pretty snappy.

also, if you're going to overclock something, you might as well pick up a used e8400. i was able to find some for less than $10, so basically impulse purchase territory....

Yup, with the overclock it's almost an e8400 (minus 2MB cache and 233 FSB).

In the C2D territory, I agree. Those are old therefore attractively cheap now. It was from a salvage junk along with some other parts here and there so I assembled them together. No costs at all except for a cheap video card to use HDMI and acceleration Full HD contents on Youtube and media players.

It can play old games and some new ones (Torchlight, mine craft and 2D games like emulators and Cuphead) but It's not a gaming build by any means. Its 2GB RAM is a hindrance too.

As of about 8 hours ago I am a home owner!

Woo!

Most pleased about: my house has cat 5 cabling to a box under the stairs, and fibre to the premesis.

Least pleased about: the act of moving!

Back
Top Bottom