Random Chit Chat

And yeah, the place one lives in is a huge factor. I heard it is relatively safe in the UK than the US (although my cousins got attacked in the UK once, but I believe it's not the norm) so one could see the case in the other place differently. Where I live is typically safe and rarely hear of such subject problems. Guns and white weapons (like knives and swords) are illegal in public and to have a license for firearms is extremely difficult.

And yeah, the place one lives in is a huge factor. I heard it is relatively safe in the UK than the US (although my cousins got attacked in the UK once, but I believe it's not the norm) so one could see the case in the other place differently. Where I live is typically safe and rarely hear of such subject problems. Guns and white weapons (like knives and swords) are illegal in public and to have a license for firearms is extremely difficult.

Honestly, unless you are in a very bad area (every place has them) you are safe in the US. I am NOT talking about Chicago, L.A., NYC, and huge cities like that, but most of America is not cities but rather rural areas and smaller towns. Don't believe the bullshit you see on TV. I could sleep with my doors unlocked and the windows wide open and not worry.

While guns are basically legal in the US it is a very small percent who carry a firearm in public. Most who have a gun or guns have them at home and will use them to protect their family if needed. And in areas where people do tend to carry firearms the crime rate is much lower as it serves as a deterrent.

Crime rates are a direct reflection of the economy. In places where there are few jobs and few opportunities, crime is high. In areas where there are jobs and opportunity, the crime rate is lower. If you want to avoid crime, stay away from economically depressed communities. More guns is not a crime deterrent. Things like education and jobs are.

Yeah, the media is like a cancer to me much of the time, and it's sad that (some) people are easy to manipulate. I'm personally don't judge and I really appreciate correction and feedback when I share what I hear.

And yes, poverty is even a worse cancer. It's not really as simple as that because things accumulate and poverty doesn't always come out of thin air, but ultimately it is one serious cause of concern. Bless everyone.

I always see pictures of various places around the US. I've always wanted to come and check it out. Which places would you folks here recommend seeing first?

Back
Top Bottom