Random Chit Chat

trust me, if you let them they'll take advantage of you.

This can be true, but you can always say....if i'm gonna keep fixing your computer then i'm gonns have to start charging you.

The computers that I work on are usually easy fixes...so yeah.

I will work on most of my family's stuff, but there are a few i will tell to go to hell with it. Sue me.

But close family I take care of their stuff. My wife's nephew has me help him with his tech stuff all the time. Every once in a while his parents will slip me a little something, mainly his mom as his dad is too cheap. They did pay me for building his computer, though.

Why do people sometimes follow me with their cars when I go for walks at night? As someone who's been assaulted in the street before, it scares the shit out of me every time.

Try to change your walking schedule to day time. The night is known for suspicious intentions in some places including misunderstandings by either or both sides. I remember once walking alone in my last trip to a foreign country getting passed by someone who asked me if I'm looking for (this and that). Sorry, can't mention specifics there. It's not pleasant. I feel he thought (misunderstood) I was looking for those as it was night time with no many people around and mostly dim illumination. The way one dresses could catch the attention too. I dress handsomely ;)

Be careful there and consider reasons. Details matter sometimes.

Sounds like you need a weapon or something..

Try to change your walking schedule to day time.

What an incredible society we live in! Don't ever leave the house after dark! Carry a weapon at all times! Jesus. No offense, but it's comments such as this that make me want to abandon society altogether and go live in the swamp somewhere.

What I asked was, "Why do people sometimes follow me with their cars when I go for walks at night?" I ask because I'm genuinely curious as to their motivations and would like to gauge whether past experiences are causing me to overreact to something which, quite possibly, may not be a sign of malicious intent.

Edit: I realized that this came off as needlessly hostile. Please don't take it personally; my irritation is directed at issues with society, not either of you.

As for why neither of these suggestions work for me, I will explain. The last time I carried a weapon, I, after a three-day period of insomia, pulled it on my father because he was walking behind me. Needless to say, I no longer carry weapons of any type on my person. I also do not drive, so to tell me I cannot walk after dark is to tell me that I am effectively under house arrest as soon as the sun sets.

Last edited:
LOL you are free do go where you please and when you please. It's up to you to use good judgement and know if you are putting yourself at risk whether with others or alone.
That has not changed since the dawn of time.

If you want to know why someone else is doing something, you will have to ask them, not people on a forum that have no way of knowing why a person is doing something.

Back
Top Bottom