Random Chit Chat

No, it's simply pronounced by the letters E and U.
Please note that EU and Europa are 2 different things. Many people believe that EU is short for Europa, but it's not. It stands for European Union.

EU was established after WW2 to secure peace between the European countries.
Today they do much more. Like making trading, traveling and changing citizenship between countries easier.
There are more to it than this, but i am not very knowledge about EU myself.

Being a member can also force a country to accept some laws and decisions made by the EU.
For an example we was forced to adapt the A1 motorcycle licens that we didn't want. Screws up our 2 other licenses.
(if you are interested in the licenses, 18-20 years of age now only grands you access to 16 horse power instead of the 34 it was before.
21-22 years of age increases it to only 48hp instead of the full licens, and full licens can now only be had if you are 23+)

A lot of people think that EU these past years have become too influential, That's one reason.
And the dislike for the EU has dramatically increased after the Syria crises.

The UK want to close their borders to avoid more immigration.
The immigration has been increasing for a long time, and this Syria crisis have yet again added a big wave of people.
So now half of the people in the UK have had enough and voted against the EU.
There is more to it than this ofcause, but this was the final nail in the coffin.
By doing this, they are free to set whatever law and whenever in place as they see fit.

Last edited:
All other issues aside, this "Brexit" vote has caused the world stock markets to tumble. My retirement accounts, which I depend on to support me in my retirement, have lost thousands of dollars of value overnight.

I sincerely hope that when the dust settles, the markets recover.

Um, do I understand that the UK just wanted to not allow more immigrants and the EU membership was forcing them to accept immigrants?

Weird, why would some international membership force a country to do such a thing? A country should have full authority to control who gets in or leaves. National security is their responsibility.

Um, do I understand that the UK just wanted to not allow more immigrants and the EU membership was forcing them to accept immigrants?

Weird, why would some international membership force a country to do such a thing? A country should have full authority to control who gets in or leaves. National security is their responsibility.

Agree that it's weird, but it's not all black an white. There is many factors to consider.
Many more than i have any idea of. But it is true that immigration is a big part of the final decision to leave the EU.
Why exactly that is, and why they couldn't achieve the same thing while staying in the EU..... i don't know.
I am not specially good with international politics.

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

I am sorry to hear that Strollin. I wish you good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks Biker Echo, yeah I meant the EU . I'm not to knowledgeable when it comes to politics.I still believe they did the right thing in my opinion. Also I don't understand why it would cause the markets to go down in points.

Also sorry Strollin to hear that man, I know that's important when you depend on that money to live on.

The market will recover. The big question is how long it will take to recover.

The good news, though, is that it will likely be less than a decade: it took a decade and a global conflict for the markets to recover from the crash of 1929; only a few after the 2008 housing bubble burst (it's eight years later, and housing prices in some areas have already returned to peak-bubble levels).

It is interesting to see a long-term graph of the stock market like this one, but one has to keep in mind that those numbers don't show exactly how much a stock is worth in real terms. This article has a pretty decent take on it, I think.

I am by no means an expert in finance. I'm just a blue-collar worker who may may $100k in a year some time before I retire for good, and I have way too many people depending on my income.

... I just like history.

I'm having high expectations for PC virtual reality gaming. I hope it becomes a generic gaming method instead of having special games newly made for it. I wanna play Doom in VR with the headset controlling the free view instead of the mouse. Now that would be cool! And watching movies in 3D too!

I was sharing a list of some of my favorite authors with someone in another forum and somehow managed to triple the number of books I want to read this year... :eek:

Mmm, i love eating books...especially the books on taxes. ;)

I can't even tell you the last time I picked up a book and read it. A long time ago I used to go to our local library and check out books and movies. The only books that interest me are the nature books and books about space. I'm a sci-fi nut.

Back
Top Bottom