Random Chit Chat

I sure have. Don't juggle it. :lol:

Aw man. I ordered two more knives. :D

I ordered a Microtech Scarab clone and this morning I ran across an unbelievable deal on a Benchmade H&K Turmoil from a store in Georgia. I had to get it though I went broke doing it. As it turned out I got the last one. Whew!

Last edited:
It was illegal here too. Now we're allowed to have lock blades but no double edges or daggers. Why my knives are single edged.

By the way, My SOG has a pretty decent steel, an AUS8 and the Scarab clone will be 440 which is cheap steel.

The H&K is D2 steel, very good tool steel and there are better steel than this but you're talking hundreds of dollars for them.

Last edited:
yeah it can get expensive really quickly when buying quality steel.
All my knives are stainless. Properly mostly 440c. As far as i know that's the most common stainless steel.

However i have 2 Katana swords with better steels. One 1045 (which is still pretty bad for a sword) and one 1060 carbon steel.

I found the Texas knife law very interesting. We have certain aspects that are illegal such as daggers, stilettos, throwing stars, lances, etc under present law.

I can legally carry them. How's that you say ??

It's because I have a CHL (Concealed Handgun License). How crazy is that?

The thing is I have to be carrying my license and my concealed pistol in order to be immune from said law.

I looked it up a while ago because I wanted to be sure I was right about what I said here about double edged blades. I was surprised when I found this little gem.

:dance:

Has anyone else here used Plex? I've been sick a lot over the last month or so so I had plenty of time to play with it. With plex I can cast any of my videos on the server to chromecast so things that I used to only be able to watch on my PC (like digital downloads of videos) are not view-able everywhere. It's pretty cool functionality for just $30 out of pocket.

Everything on my network is running Win7 so I just share the drives that have media. My wife and her mom are in the living room streaming movies from the media drive in my rig right now.

Everything on my network is running Win7 so I just share the drives that have media. My wife and her mom are in the living room streaming movies from the media drive in my rig right now.

Yeah that's what I've done on my laptop and it works fine but my laptop isn't always on. On my iPad I use FileBrowser to find what I want then VLC to play. I have two old machines I could use and have them downstairs out of the way.

I used to do that, but having a computer within HDMI-cable's of every TV was kind of a pain.

Back
Top Bottom