Random Chit Chat

That is quite a project you got going on, can't wait to see what the finished product will look like. Working with wood can be fun but i guess you have to have a nack for something like that. My only ambition is working with electronics, but i never really had any big projects. I do like to fix things though.

It really isn't that difficult. You just need to be willing to work at it for a while. I do enjoy this type of work though (as much as I can enjoy anything nowadays...) I find that the trick to these projects is to completely avoid power tools. They're loud, dangerous if you don't know what you're doing, and it takes away the feeling of having accomplished something if you let a machine do the work for you. If I had access to land with plenty of trees, I'd probably be making the boards myself too. Now that I think about it, I could probably use some of the more recent downed trees in the bayou though. Hmmm. Next project maybe?

Ya, most people can be addicted to using power tools and though it can take a lot of time off the project, I can understand where you're coming from. I too like to do stuff the old fashion way with good ol elbow grease and hard work.

I don't think it's a bad idea about using some wood from downed trees, but i guess it would depend on what kind of project you are going to be doing. Sometimes i really wish i had a garage so i can work on the car and what not. There is just so many things one could do in a garage.

Ya, most people can be addicted to using power tools and though it can take a lot of time off the project, I can understand where you're coming from. I too like to do stuff the old fashion way with good ol elbow grease and hard work.

Yeah. I absolutely can't stand the noise from them either. It feels like kitchen knives being stabbed into my inner ear. It's weird, since I used to be able to use a dremel without problem.

I don't think it's a bad idea about using some wood from downed trees, but i guess it would depend on what kind of project you are going to be doing. Sometimes i really wish i had a garage so i can work on the car and what not. There is just so many things one could do in a garage.

Why do you need a garage? I hate working in one. I'd be doing this project in the backyard, but my dog really likes the taste of plywood for some reason. All the scrap pieces I was storing back there have the corners chewed off now.

As far as projects, I think a swamp boat made entirely with traditional methods could be cool. Something large enough that I could put a couple passengers in and punt around. One can never have too many boats, after all. (Same goes for bikes. I'm looking for a mixte now, since it's pretty impossible to use my road bike while wearing a skirt.)

Last edited:
Why do you need a garage? I hate working in one. I'd be doing this project in the backyard, but my dog really likes the taste of plywood for some reason. All the scrap pieces I was storing back there have the corners chewed off now.

Well ever since i used to own a house in Maine where i used to live, i always wanted a garage where i could work on the car and do projects.

Yep, dog's will be dog's. They are always chewing on things. When you said your dog was chewing off the corners of the wood scraps i couldn't help but laugh...:lol::lol:

I used to own a golden retriever and he used to chew the ends of my plastic 2 liter bottles...haha

Last edited:
Well ever since i used to own a house in Maine where i used to live, i always wanted a garage where i could work on the car and do projects.

Ouch, I bet that'd be difficult to work in that cold. I've heard of people buying large tents and temporarily setting them up with a heater inside for that kind of thing. Might be something worth thinking about. I know harbor freight sells something along those lines.

Yep, dog's will be dog's. They are always chewing on things. When you said your dog was chewing off the corners of the wood scraps i couldn't help but laugh...:lol::lol:

I used to own a golden retriever and he used to chew the ends of my plastic 2 liter bottles...haha

Ha, yeah. I tend to go collect scrap wood people are throwing out for random projects, but the dog ruined most of my collection. We've finally gotten him to stop chewing the furniture, but it's too late for the majority of it. We had this nice hardwood coffee table, but it's completely wrecked now. Ugh, puppies. Mine's an irish setter/brittany mix, by the way.

Ha, yeah. I tend to go collect scrap wood people are throwing out for random projects, but the dog ruined most of my collection. We've finally gotten him to stop chewing the furniture, but it's too late for the majority of it. We had this nice hardwood coffee table, but it's completely wrecked now. Ugh, puppies. Mine's an irish setter/brittany mix, by the way.

Haha, i love puppies so much. Sometimes i wish they would never grow up. They are just sooo freakin cute.

No no no no...

Cat's are cooler than dogs :mad:

At least they scratch and cut instead :D

Makes me feel alive :whistling:

I have to disagree bro, puppies for the win :whistling:

Haha, i love puppies so much. Sometimes i wish they would never grow up. They are just sooo freakin cute.

Can't say I agree. I'd much rather a well behaved adult dog that I can actually do things with. Puppies are too hyperactive and easily excited.

No no no no...

I like cats. My immune system, on the other hand, doesn't.

Haha. Yes, the "cat." I remember using that excuse way too often in middle school.

Last edited:
No no no no...

Crazy Cat People, Your House Is Not Complete

cat-heaven-013.jpg

cat-heaven-001.jpg

Back
Top Bottom