Random Chit Chat

Hard AI is like. Legendary difficulty lol.

try it on one of the Fastest Possible Maps off Battle.net

Going from Medium to Hard difficulty is quite the jump in skill level. From my experience, the only way to beat Hard AI is to turtle at first. They rush quick and if you're not used to producing units right out of the gate, you'll get whomped on quick.
I'm rated Platinum on Bnet but still have some trouble in some Hard AI matchups.

No offense Sniper, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do NOT play Fastest Maps. These will only hurt your skill level as you're not learning to effectively manage and build economy. The AI isn't programmed to adapt to the modified economy structure so you're realistically playing Hard AI, but reducing their skill level to medium as the AI doesn't know to adjust. Play Hard AI on maps like Lost Temple. Which race are you playing?

For Terran and Protoss, you need to block off the choke/ramp first, and get some defense.
With Protoss, throwing up a Pylon/Gateway to block the choke and then making a cannon behind to deter early game pressure is key for hard/insane matchups. Always send a scout to see the build order of your enemy to see what tech they might be getting. Scout their base until they have a ranged unit to kill your probe/scv/drone. Otherwise, you can micro your scout around their ground forces to continue getting that vital scouting info.
With Terran, the standard dual Supply depot/Rax wall off is good. You don't want a bunk in front as the buildings have more HP and provide a stronger wall off. Plus, you can drop the supply depots for access in and out of your base.
With Zerg... derp, I have no idea! I don't play Zerg and and know that you can't wall off in the beginning of the matchup so a few sunks are good but make sure you're producing lings! Never forget early game units.

With any SC2 strat, the most important thing to remember is your Micro ability. Economy is key!! Never stop producing probes/scv's/drones. You should get in the habit of hotkey'ing your Nexus/Command Center/Hatchery so you can quickly access it to produce more workers. Once your main economy is saturated (3 workers per mineral field and 3 per gas guyser) it's time to expand into your natural.

Playing comps is much different than playing PvP so it really depends on what skill level you're trying to achieve. If you want to be good at PvP, don't play comps, just jump in and play PvP. There's also a difference in strategy when you go from 1v1 to team play so keep that in mind as well.

Im Ranked Bronze, though im going to blame my laptop on that, im getting 15fps and when i click for my units to do something there is major lag :\

Cant wait to have a proper rig again...

Im Ranked Bronze, though im going to blame my laptop on that, im getting 15fps and when i click for my units to do something there is major lag :\

Cant wait to have a proper rig again...

I had the same issue :( I had to reduce all my settings to low graphics just to play

I got bronze in 2v2 for the same reason but it's cool, because now I play on the main rig and just whomp on noobs in 2v2.... sure is a lot of early game cheese tho :rolleyes:

For Terran and Protoss, you need to block off the choke/ramp first, and get some defense.

That's usually what I do, but a couple of my friends told me not to do that. They want me to play defensive instead (like building a couple of barracks near their base). They also said I should attack quick. If I don't, I will surely be attacked and most likely lose.

With Terran, the standard dual Supply depot/Rax wall off is good. You don't want a bunk in front as the buildings have more HP and provide a stronger wall off. Plus, you can drop the supply depots for access in and out of your base.

That's what I usually do, but I was told that I don't need the 2 supply depots. So I should just make one supply depot and multiple barracks, and more supply depot when needed.

That's usually what I do, but a couple of my friends told me not to do that. They want me to play defensive instead (like building a couple of barracks near their base). They also said I should attack quick. If I don't, I will surely be attacked and most likely lose.

Building a proxy base is good for PvP matchups if you can get away with it. That's more of an 'all in' strategy so if you fail, you really fail.

Edit: Just because you don't draw first blood doesn't mean you'll lose. And these 'all in' strategies are only good if your opponent doesn't know the proper response. If you watch the replays on the link I provided below, you'll see that the highest level players turtle early game to prevent early game rushes as well as post initial scouting. This also keeps units from going straight into your base and harassing your mineral line.

That's what I usually do, but I was told that I don't need the 2 supply depots. So I should just make one supply depot and multiple barracks, and more supply depot when needed.

Here's what I mean minus the bunker, given the fact there's already a wall, the bunker is wasted resources.
bnkr2.png

With this type of wall off, you can drop the depots for access, but you still maintain the high ground.

For some step by step pro strats, go here. That link is already filtered for Terran strats so you'll see the various replays on the right.

I've had her for 3 years (About the life span of a mouse) so she's had a long run, she's still acting normally which is good. Hope everything turns out well with your dog :)

Thanks, man. The dog is coming back today, because the vet said the blasted tumor was infected (well, what the heck, it's been bleeding for weeks! And we told you [the person who took her and manages her material needs] that she had this thing on her the instant it started). So now she's coming home, and we have to feed her antibiotics for a while. I'll be glad to have her back though, I missed her a lot:)

That's funny... all the pro's do, maybe they know something everyone else doesn't :rolleyes:

I would take a look at what the pro's are doing and follow their lead...

I disregard what "Pro's" do and replace it with my own randomness thus creating a more pro strategy, works like a charm.

Back
Top Bottom