Random Chit Chat

Apple really focuses on user experience, something I feel Windows has just recently done with Windows Vista. Just compare packaging styles between manufacturers. It may seem like a small increment, but one that effects overall user experience. That's probably half the reason why the iPod is so successful.

...but it's been said before. You can't fix stupid.

my dad is really dumb when it comes to computers especially buying one. The guy who built his back in 2005 said that if he installed 2 dialup modems it would make the internet faster but it will cost 300 bucks extra. Of course he jumped at the idea and shelled out the extra money for what turned out to do nothing at all.

my dad is really dumb when it comes to computers especially buying one. The guy who built his back in 2005 said that if he installed 2 dialup modems it would make the internet faster but it will cost 300 bucks extra. Of course he jumped at the idea and shelled out the extra money for what turned out to do nothing at all.

Lmao, Bonded Dial-up? :S

Personally i don't like mac OS, i prefer windows because whilst the 'experience' might be different, windows is hugely accepted, known world wide, excellently supported and hugely expandable. Would never go mac full time.

would that have actually worked? I honestly don't know

All I know is it didn't work back then.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have. You can't get more out of something that is giving all it has. Max phone-line speed is 56.6.Kbps.

That's a very large problem these days. A majority of people are simply refusing to learn anything about computers because they feel it should be "that geek's job"; But then they start whining and complaining when the tab racks up to 4 and 5 hundred dollars for a faulty harddrive.

The sad fact is that alot of companies have malicious practices when they "repair" computers. Typically with laptops, they Blue Book (average price for item) the value, and call the problem a "faulty motherboard" so they can charge 50 dollars less than the base cost of the machine to repair a simple problem that normally deals with the interchangeable parts on the lappy.

/vent

OMG straight out of my sisters mouth like 2 mins ago "it is obvious that you are doing something to mess up the computers around here because yours is the only one that never has problems"

I just found that statement to be very funny

I don't think everyone is scrolling the whole forum..

People with web administration knowledge, please take a look at this Thread

Not really. It's not their fault they feel one operating system is more intuitive than the other. It's a different story for everyone.

I've had computer illiterate people prefer Windows over Mac OS, for what it's worth.

I disagree. I've used MAC OSX a fair bit, and I don't find it intuitive at all. Nice looking? Yes, but I didn't like it at all. Probably because I've grown with windows, and I find some stuff much easier to use, such as using command prompt and the control panel, which I've always been confused by with a MAC.

I also feel that when you buy a MAC a lot more of your money is going towards the OS compared to when you buy a windows PC. For the price of a macbook I can get a convertable Tablet with nicer specs. So I think its a matter of do you want do pay for nicer hardware, or for a "nicer" OS.

Back
Top Bottom