Rally Racing

winslow33

Daemon Poster
Thought I'd share this.
My brother in law is a rally racer. I dont know if there's anyone here who's ever done it, but its a pretty fun thing to do. He's got a race scheduled for the end of March, he wants me to buy a car and come with him just for laughs. Not like I'll actually do very good but It'll a fun thing to do. Going to try to get a beaten up AWD car for a few hundred $$. Gives me a month to get it ready. Here's a video and a few pictures of his car he and his friends took, thought you might like them. He's the red Subaru Impreza

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QjELMGDuJo&feature=related

n504506344_1855916_3836.jpg

25339_352850911344_504506344_4037435_7880140_n.jpg
n504506344_1855914_3180.jpg
n504506344_1480011_6369.jpg
n504506344_1480012_6633.jpg

Awesome, I love the looks of older Subarus.

Never seen a hatchback with the blue/green subaru paint though...interesting...

You can do it fairly well in a front wheel drive car too. The Big 3 had some pretty awesome FWD platforms in the 90's...the Neon(first gen), Cavalier, and Focus would all be good choices.

You can do it fairly well in a front wheel drive car too. The Big 3 had some pretty awesome FWD platforms in the 90's...the Neon(first gen), Cavalier, and Focus would all be good choices.

Really? Thats interesting I'll check into that. theres only about 6 AWD cars in my area i've found. One Subaru Impreza that was in an accident is the ONLY one in my price range ($500- or less) anything else is a few thousand too much for me right now lol.

There have been a few FWD cars in WRC that did well, like the Citroen Xsara.

The Rally America was up here in the Upper Peninsula for the Superior portion of it. Travis Pastrana actually talked at my school. I also got to meet Ken Block in person and have a signed poster hanging on my wall along with a signed Jimmy Keeney poster. I would love to try rally sometime, but you really need a roll cage don't you? The cars take quite a beating I think.

Depends on the league and competition, but generally yeah. My brother-in-laws old car once rolled and he didnt have a cage, then he had to get his new car. Wich he has the roll cage for it, just hasnt put it in yet.

you ever come up this way I'd go rallying with you lol

Where abouts are you at?

Do you have welding skills yourself? cause if you do, a cage would be plenty of work to install, but not to expensive I think, but if you have to have a pro do it... over $1000 I think.

Im in northern Ontario, lol.
I myself have welding experience, and my friend's dad runs his own shop, he says I can pull it in there after hours to do whatever I want.
Anybody have more car recommendations in my price range? probably an older '90s car i guess would be easiest to find

Back
Top Bottom