Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 09:20 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog
Default rakedog is back.. for now

Well, after well over a year of staying away from here for many reasons, I was reminded about this site by another member today, and visited it again for the first time in about a year. Decided to give it another go, there were some really cool people here.

I don't know if anyone here remembers me, most of the people I knew seem to be inactive (seems like root is still around, that's good). For those of you who remember the days of gian and I having huge debates every day, yeah, that's what I remember the most. But looks like gian left a long long time ago.

Well, I'll stick around, help out where I can. For those of you wondering what I did the past like 14 months or so, well, I've worked closely with the hackthissite.org community, very active on their forums (criticalsecurity.net). Also still a happy member of kisp.org, we had some trouble there, but the community is still intact. Mostly the same guy, still love Linux, I do a lot more coding now (Java, C++, some PHP). Got a few more computers over the time (my gaming box is nice ).

David, props to you for still running this place nicely from the looks of it, you're a pretty loyal admin, I respect that. Hopefully we've settled any differences we had, no hard feelings over the suspension.

Look forward to talking to some of the newer big-shots around here. Looks like a lot of new mods and stuff, going to have to get to know them.

-rakedog (actually, I go by rake or sir.rakey everywhere nowadays, the dog part I need to edit off my name. =P )

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to joxley1990 Send a message via MSN to joxley1990
Default Re: rakedog is back.. for now

Hello there, nice to meet you!

Old 06-17-2006, 09:37 PM   #3
Golden Master

Hey, cool to see some of the people that got the site going back then. Welcome Back man!

what is up vanilla face
Old 06-18-2006, 02:21 AM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Rakedog! Wow, back from the dead, eh? Haha, it's good seeing you back man...it's been a while. Yes, Giancarlo left a while ago, well he was banned, really. But yeah, hows it going? You probably won't know some of the newer members here, but it's okay. Some of us oldies are still here.
Old 06-18-2006, 02:49 AM   #5
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to neenjaoflove Send a message via MSN to neenjaoflove

im new here... you seem nice though right? w/b man
Old 06-18-2006, 03:03 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

alvino, good to see you're still around. You're one of the few people I always counted on being cool and mature here (well, for the most part =P ). Are any of the old oldies still here? I can see root and David obviously... LK still talk? Who else. I'm very much out of it, fill me in please.

Gotta sleep now, 5k race tommorow (yeah, for those of you who remember by any chance, I'm a distance runner).

But if I get a chance, I'll post all the linux guides and FAQ's that I've written over the time that I was gone for HTS here tommorow or next week.

The best argument against evolution are creationists themselves. They prove that life is devolving rather than evolving.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:55 AM   #7
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
Well, after well over a year of staying away from here for many reasons, I was reminded about this site by another member today, and visited it again for the first time in about a year. Decided to give it another go, there were some really cool people here.

I don't know if anyone here remembers me, most of the people I knew seem to be inactive (seems like root is still around, that's good). For those of you who remember the days of gian and I having huge debates every day, yeah, that's what I remember the most. But looks like gian left a long long time ago.

Well, I'll stick around, help out where I can. For those of you wondering what I did the past like 14 months or so, well, I've worked closely with the hackthissite.org community, very active on their forums (criticalsecurity.net). Also still a happy member of kisp.org, we had some trouble there, but the community is still intact. Mostly the same guy, still love Linux, I do a lot more coding now (Java, C++, some PHP). Got a few more computers over the time (my gaming box is nice ).

David, props to you for still running this place nicely from the looks of it, you're a pretty loyal admin, I respect that. Hopefully we've settled any differences we had, no hard feelings over the suspension.

Look forward to talking to some of the newer big-shots around here. Looks like a lot of new mods and stuff, going to have to get to know them.

-rakedog (actually, I go by rake or sir.rakey everywhere nowadays, the dog part I need to edit off my name. =P )
I kinnda remember you... infact, i think i do. I kinnda went inactive for about a year, to...
Old 06-18-2006, 05:02 AM   #8
Daemon Poster

Welcome back guy that I have never previously met.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:17 AM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

i rember you and your debates with gain, very entertaining..

gain was banned a long time ago (thank god.. that kid was very annoying)

good to have you back rakedog

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
Old 06-18-2006, 05:43 AM   #10
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to 135791

Lol i was enjoyed reading rakedogs and gians debates, i still today think Gian is an alright person

Anyway welcome back Rake, nice to see you again

Closed Thread